Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2021, 07:46 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Wanted: Plans for "Nocturne" rocket glider

Good Evening all;

Branching out into other aspects of model rocketry, and am wanting to build a rocket glider. Really liking the looks of the "Nocturne" as designed by Jeff Vincent and as can be found on the NAR website at: https://www.nar.org/wp-content/uplo...R-G-Vincent.pdf

Full build instructions and list of materials is there, along with the majority of the 3-view plans/patterns, but there is no drawing of the actual fuselage, as if a page is missing.

So, does anyone have an 'unabridged' set of plans for the Nocturne that they can get copied, or just the drawing of the fuselage side-view?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Old 10-06-2021, 08:18 PM
Banned

"NOCTURNE" . . .

My suggestion is to ask Jeff Vincent, directly . . . Contact information here !

https://www.nar.org/events/astre-se...nd-sport-launch

Jeff Vincent | jeff_vincent@twc.com | 518-439-2055

Dave F.
Old 10-07-2021, 12:37 AM
Master Modeler

Not sure posting an email address and phone number in the clear here is a good idea for Mr. Vincent.....
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 10-07-2021, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Not sure posting an email address and phone number in the clear here is a good idea for Mr. Vincent.....

It's "in the clear" at the NAR link provided . . . No "sign-in" required.

Dave F.
Old 10-07-2021, 12:40 PM
Master Modeler

Hmmmmm.... OK. Maybe I need to ping the keeper of the NAR website then. I remember when open postings like this were routine, but not so much now.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 10-07-2021, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Hmmmmm.... OK. Maybe I need to ping the keeper of the NAR website then. I remember when open postings like this were routine, but not so much now.

Who appointed you "Hall Monitor" ?

Have you considered that Jeff Vincent might want his contact information to be available ?

Mind your own affairs !

Dave F.
Old 10-07-2021, 04:16 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Who appointed you "Hall Monitor" ?

Have you considered that Jeff Vincent might want his contact information to be available ?

Mind your own affairs !

Dave F.

My impression is Bernard was just trying to maybe be helpful towards Mr. Vincent’s privacy; Jeff may not realize that is still out in the ‘open air’ so to speak. That effort does not seem to be a cause to bark at him in such a way. I don’t think he was trying to call the cyber cops on ya there.

Too much ‘stuff’ going on in the world for us to get huffy at each other here; a place many of us come to, I think, to get away from such other kinds of stuff.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 10-07-2021, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
My impression is Bernard was just trying to maybe be helpful towards Mr. Vincent’s privacy; Jeff may not realize that is still out in the ‘open air’ so to speak. That effort does not seem to be a cause to bark at him in such a way. I don’t think he was trying to call the cyber cops on ya there.

Too much ‘stuff’ going on in the world for us to get huffy at each other here; a place many of us come to, I think, to get away from such other kinds of stuff.

Earl

My impression was that of a "Mall Cop" . . .

Rather than running off to "tell the webmaster", it would be much easier ( since the info is right here ) to contact Jeff Vincent directly, rather than "playing nanny".

However, if that was not his intent, I apologize . . . If it was his intent, my comments stand.

For the record, I have contacted Jeff about this thread ( supplied him the link ) . . . Waiting for his reply, hopefully here !

Dave F.
Old 10-07-2021, 11:20 PM
Master Modeler

I see that in NAR launch announcement pages, it seems to be standard practice to post contact info such as an email and a phone number in the clear. Since that was the nature of the link from which the info was extracted and posted here, there's not much more to say that won't add to the acrimony, which is certainly off topic from the request for details about the rocket glider.

I hope Dave gets the info he seeks.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 10-08-2021, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
I see that in NAR launch announcement pages, it seems to be standard practice to post contact info such as an email and a phone number in the clear. Since that was the nature of the link from which the info was extracted and posted here, there's not much more to say that won't add to the acrimony, which is certainly off topic from the request for details about the rocket glider.

I hope Dave gets the info he seeks.

Thank you for your "blessing" . . . There would have been no "acrimony", if you had not stuck your nose in other people's business.

At any rate, I hope that Jeff Vincent will respond and clear up the questions about his Nocturne design !

Dave F.