Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2022, 11:31 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone
Default Gotta clean the garage out.....

As the title says, I've been instructed to clean some stuff out of the garage. Some people would call it a chore. I found it to be sorta like hunting for hidden treasures. Of course, most of the stuff I'm sorting thru is rocket related (not getting rid of any kits or parts). I come across stuff I've had for 20 or more years. My hair is grey now so anything that's been in there longer than a year is forgotten, thus a treasure hunt.

Found some old Apogee catalogs. Scanned the ones I didn't already have on the computer and will toss them unless someone here wants them (free....just pay the postage). One is from the early nineties. The Minnesota address has been covered with a label with their AZ address. (I miss the black shaft body tubes.) The others are after the sell to Tim, 1999, 2000 (actually had three of these), 2002-2003, 2004-2005 and 2005-2006. I found a September 2000 Special Offers catalog from Rockets & Things (England). An Estes Product Line 2000 brochure. A Public Missiles flyer for four new kits.....Hydra, Intruder, Matrix and Mini-BBX. And a Rocket Vision catalog from 2000.

I found the Rocket Vision catalog interesting in that I don't remember the company. My mailing address is on the catalog so I may have ordered it from an ad in Sport Rocketry. I only have one set of plans for a kit (Chariot) which didn't provide much more information other than the fin pattern. I could find some mention here in the forum of a few of the other kits in the catalog, but the plans seem to have never been posted. The catalog unfolded into a beautiful 24X22 poster of the models in the catalog. I have to take the poster to work to scan it but once I do, I'll send the catalog and poster to Scott.

Now, the big question......Does anyone still have the instructions and patterns for these kits?

Check-Six
Mach-Buster
Star-Fire
Solar-Venture
Spit-Fire
Six-Pack
Chariot
PegasusXL
The Roton

Both the Pegasus XL and Roton were supposed to be released in June 2000. All the BTs seem to have been 1.2" diameter, the Chariot having a 2" diameter payload bay. The Pegasus was to have a 2.88 diameter BT. The Roton was to be a scale model of the single-stage-to-orbit design by Rotary Rocket Company.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:03 AM
BAR

I had a Mach-Buster, it was a near-minimum diameter designed to fly on the 24mm F72 and G55. Alas, it's phenolic body tube shattered into tiny pieces on a vintage F72 flight attempt (NAR approved) a few years ago, when the motor CATOd on ignition. Sorry, no instructions or fin patterns.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 01-15-2022, 07:55 AM
Old Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
As the title says, I've been instructed to clean some stuff out of the garage. Some people would call it a chore. I found it to be sorta like hunting for hidden treasures. Of course, most of the stuff I'm sorting thru is rocket related (not getting rid of any kits or parts). I come across stuff I've had for 20 or more years. My hair is grey now so anything that's been in there longer than a year is forgotten, thus a treasure hunt.

Found some old Apogee catalogs. Scanned the ones I didn't already have on the computer and will toss them unless someone here wants them (free....just pay the postage). One is from the early nineties. The Minnesota address has been covered with a label with their AZ address. (I miss the black shaft body tubes.) The others are after the sell to Tim, 1999, 2000 (actually had three of these), 2002-2003, 2004-2005 and 2005-2006. I found a September 2000 Special Offers catalog from Rockets & Things (England). An Estes Product Line 2000 brochure. A Public Missiles flyer for four new kits.....Hydra, Intruder, Matrix and Mini-BBX. And a Rocket Vision catalog from 2000.

I found the Rocket Vision catalog interesting in that I don't remember the company. My mailing address is on the catalog so I may have ordered it from an ad in Sport Rocketry. I only have one set of plans for a kit (Chariot) which didn't provide much more information other than the fin pattern. I could find some mention here in the forum of a few of the other kits in the catalog, but the plans seem to have never been posted. The catalog unfolded into a beautiful 24X22 poster of the models in the catalog. I have to take the poster to work to scan it but once I do, I'll send the catalog and poster to Scott.

Now, the big question......Does anyone still have the instructions and patterns for these kits?

Check-Six
Mach-Buster
Star-Fire
Solar-Venture
Spit-Fire
Six-Pack
Chariot
PegasusXL
The Roton

Both the Pegasus XL and Roton were supposed to be released in June 2000. All the BTs seem to have been 1.2" diameter, the Chariot having a 2" diameter payload bay. The Pegasus was to have a 2.88 diameter BT. The Roton was to be a scale model of the single-stage-to-orbit design by Rotary Rocket Company.

I MIGHT have stuff for the Check- Six and/or the Six Pack. Let me look.

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 01-15-2022, 11:48 AM
rocket dinosaur

Smile

Could you post a pdf copy of the Apogee catalog with the Minnesota address?
I've been looking for one.
Or I'll send you a $1 via PayPal for the original.
Email me and let me know.
shockwaveriderz at hotmail dot com
Old 01-15-2022, 12:10 PM
Retired Missile Technician

http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/ca...4apogeecat.html

There is this 1994 catlog at ninfinger's site. Arizona address sticker over MN address.

Chas
Old 01-15-2022, 02:38 PM
Master Modeler

PM your address and I'll put it in the mail. Very good condition....

My order receipts are dated March 2, 1994.
Old 01-15-2022, 02:38 PM
Master Modeler

Talk about treasure hunt.....found an FSI F100-0 and F7-6!
Old 01-15-2022, 03:41 PM
rocket dinosaur

PM sent
Old 01-15-2022, 09:29 PM
A Rocketeer

Don,

Rocket Vision Chariot plans are here: https://www.oldrocketforum.com/show...ghlight=chariot

Are they the same as what you have?

Greg
Old 01-15-2022, 09:56 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Both the Pegasus XL and Roton were supposed to be released in June 2000.

I actually ordered and received the Pegasus only days before the company went toes-up. I have the assembled, unpainted kit in storage somewhere. No instructions anywhere, though.

Somewhere there's a mold shop that still has the tooling for the injection molded wing, fin, and nose cone components for that kit, and they probably have no idea what they have.

James