Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2021, 02:58 PM
Rocket Powered Preacher

Default Fun Rockets 1202 - Silver Hawk

I almost feel guilty about offering this one. I thought I was buying the Holverson Design Silver Hawk. HD was OOP and I had immense respect for Doug Holverson. The price should have clued me in. This rocket is from Fun Rockets. It is a cheap, probably foam, knockoff from when they bought the rights from Holverson. It is new and unopened. It might fly on an 18mm motor or it might do other things but the mount is 18mm. It may or may not glide to recovery but my money would be on "tumble".

I strongly suggest that if purchased, it should be a part of a group purchse, or you should allow me to wrap the box and use parcel post.

I am asking $5

This kit is offered for sale in an effort to liquidate my collection of kits and is being offered via cross postings on The Rocketry Forum and Ye Olde Rocket Forum. The price indicated is what I have determined by looking for evidence of similar sales but, admittedly, might reflect a poor judgement on my part. I'm just doing the best that I can. The price does NOT include shipping. Interested persons are invited to contact me via PM and I will calculate the shipping. Payment is expected by means of PayPal, Zelle or Venmo. My intention is to make shipments twice per week after confirming receipt of funds. I will try to give the most accurate descriptions I am able to provide and will happily answer any specific questions either by PM or within the post thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  20210912_125450.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  604.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20210912_125458.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  324.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20210912_125505.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  572.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20210912_125513.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  281.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20210912_125524.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  427.9 KB  
TRA 03040, L1 8 March 2008
Photos of the "Fleet": http://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/

I used to tell Mom, "...I want to fly rockets when I grow up!"

She said, "Make up your mind, you can't do both!"
Old 09-12-2021, 03:41 PM
Rocket Powered Preacher

Sale Pending

Old 09-13-2021, 05:27 AM
BP Mafia

I was just getting back into the hobby when this whole "smells like dead Fish-man" thing was rising up like a zit that needed popping. Doug had allowed himself to be drawn into the idea of converting his Holverson Designs product line, which featured nicely done kits with laser cut balsa, into the Fun Rockets product line, which featured cheesy foam. The rocket buying community responded, as they will, with a collective "Huh?" We were out for dinner on Memorial Day weekend at the Cheeseburger In Paradise in Eastgate, and after dinner I decided to stop in to check a Hobby Lobby that I hadn't known existed. They were in the midst of a cheesy foam and Quest liquidation, and I made out like a bandit. One of the kits I picked up was a Tangent for $.99, and I actually enjoyed flying it at B6-4 Field for most of that summer until I eventually overdid it and hung it in a tree. Another was the Zoomie, and I never could get that one to fly right. I passed on the Silver Hawk and Swinger, regretted it, and went back to stock up only to find them gone. I eventually picked up a Swinger, but have yet to fly it.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 09-13-2021, 05:31 AM
Rocket Powered Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I was just getting back into the hobby when this whole "smells like dead Fish-man" thing was rising up like a zit that needed popping. Doug had allowed himself to be drawn into the idea of converting his Holverson Designs product line, which featured nicely done kits with laser cut balsa, into the Fun Rockets product line, which featured cheesy foam. The rocket buying community responded, as they will, with a collective "Huh?" We were out for dinner on Memorial Day weekend at the Cheeseburger In Paradise in Eastgate, and after dinner I decided to stop in to check a Hobby Lobby that I hadn't known existed. They were in the midst of a cheesy foam and Quest liquidation, and I made out like a bandit. One of the kits I picked up was a Tangent for $.99, and I actually enjoyed flying it at B6-4 Field for most of that summer until I eventually overdid it and hung it in a tree. Another was the Zoomie, and I never could get that one to fly right. I passed on the Silver Hawk and Swinger, regretted it, and went back to stock up only to find them gone. I eventually picked up a Swinger, but have yet to fly it.

Zoomie!!!!!!

That's the one I couldn't remember. I saw the name "Holverson" and thought that was what I was getting. I got the foam Zoomie instead. I fly better when I flap my arms than that Zoomie ever did.

Old 09-13-2021, 07:35 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL3
Zoomie!!!!!!

That's the one I couldn't remember. I saw the name "Holverson" and thought that was what I was getting. I got the foam Zoomie instead. I fly better when I flap my arms than that Zoomie ever did.

I built a balsa Zoomie a few years back and it flew like a winged brick. I'm sure the paint didn't help. I remember talking about them with Doug Sams back in the Yahoo Old Rockets days and he suggested Post-It Note elevators on the wings. I took it with me to the launch this past weekend, but winds were a bit nuts for gliders.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 09-13-2021, 01:40 PM
Old Submariner

This was my HD Silver Hawk from 10 years ago. It was a great little glider and was robust--sort of like the Rokitflite Fake Wulf. "The Vixen" hand painted the glider with watercolor markers so as to not add any weight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  silverhawk1-11 (2).JPG
Views: 25
Size:  622.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  silverhawk1-11 (4).JPG
Views: 13
Size:  380.7 KB  

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078