Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

I received my Nov/Dec 2007 issue of LAUNCH today!

It's nice to see what my Enerjet article looked like 'full-size'.

Bob
Old 11-02-2007, 07:53 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001

Bob

Still waiting, and looking forward to getting my hands on it!

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
(San Diego, CA): LAUNCH Magazine announces that it's November/December issue is now shipping to it's subscribers.

This issue includes an article reviewing the history of the Enerjet company and it's products. Quotes from Enerjet President Lee Piester and Enerjet enthusiast Gary Rosenfield are just part of the story which will have hobby rocketry fans both old and new reading this engrossing history.

This article, written by Bob Sanford, is the first known widely published review of the history of this important company which led to today's high-power rocketry hobby.

This issue will be distributed at the Wirefly X PRIZE Cup in New Mexico October 26-28 and appearing in bookstores soon. Those wishing to purchase this issue or subscribe to LAUNCH Magazine may click here: http://launchmagonline.com/

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Bob

Bob -
Can you create a Nike Ram Fin template and post it here? I had one as a kid (I have no idea where it went to) and would like to build a clone.

By the way, NICE ARTICLE!!!!!
John
Old 11-05-2007, 09:40 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:

Bob

Bob,

Received my issue today and I enjoyed the EnerJet article so much! Very well written and your models look great in print.

Very well done. The time frame you mentioned of SSRS/Crown and Gary's company Composite Dynamics was really when I started in composite motors. Made me wish I had discovered the EnerJet motors although there was zero availability here.

I liked that you used quotes from Lee and Gary as well as a listing of your sources.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 PM
7/21/61

Bob,

Received my copy today. Your article was wonderful. I had no idea of the history of the early large scale motors. Very, very interesting, and really well written.

The production quality of the magazine is so high that the photo of your models is just fantastic. It looks like a commercially produced poster. I'll tell you, I don't know if I'd have the guts to have that high a resolution photo of my handiwork published in a national magazine. Just beautiful, Bob.

With regard to the article itself, any idea if any of the non-hobby rockets survived? I've seen occasional hobby Enerjets sold on Ebay but I don't recall ever seeing any of the commercial rockets offered.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:12 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Bob,

Received my copy today. Your article was wonderful. I had no idea of the history of the early large scale motors. Very, very interesting, and really well written.

The production quality of the magazine is so high that the photo of your models is just fantastic. It looks like a commercially produced poster. I'll tell you, I don't know if I'd have the guts to have that high a resolution photo of my handiwork published in a national magazine. Just beautiful, Bob.

With regard to the article itself, any idea if any of the non-hobby rockets survived? I've seen occasional hobby Enerjets sold on Ebay but I don't recall ever seeing any of the commercial rockets offered.

About a year ago an original EnerJet 2650 surfaced on eBay. If memory serves me correct, I believe when Scott Hansen had auctions an original EnerJet 1340 was auctioned.

SAM# 0052

Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Bob,

Received my issue today and I enjoyed the EnerJet article so much! Very well written and your models look great in print.

Very well done. The time frame you mentioned of SSRS/Crown and Gary's company Composite Dynamics was really when I started in composite motors. Made me wish I had discovered the EnerJet motors although there was zero availability here.

I liked that you used quotes from Lee and Gary as well as a listing of your sources.

Thanks, Steve.

I'm glad you liked the article.

Bob
Old 11-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Thanks, Steve.

I'm glad you liked the article.

Bob

I also enjoyed the article on the Enerjets; I may want to build a clone of the Nike Ram
myself.....
Old 11-06-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Bob,

Thanks for the nice comments on the article and my models, Steve.

As for the current survival of any Enerjet Professional models, I do know that Gary Rosenfield had an unbuilt 2650 in the box at the 'old' AeroTech plant.

Bob
Old 11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

I liked the article about the Enerjet.

Unfortunately Enerjet, Coaster and the like came out just about the time I was starting college and I was absolutely BROKE.

My only solution at the time was to just put model rockets out of my mind.

I did have three of those yellow coaster engines shown but I thought mine had penciled in 6 sec burn.

Oh well...it was 40 years ago! I wasn't taking notes.

http://sandmandecals.com/