Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Semroc > SAM - Semroc Astronautic Modeler Team
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default PSC Infinity™ ????

What is the background on the "PSC Infinity™" kit listed in the "SEMROC kits at a glance" ?? Can't find any info on it and I don't remember it from back in the 60s & 70s. Does anyone have a photo they can post???
Old 02-09-2011, 05:50 AM
NAR #78048 L1 - Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile
What is the background on the "PSC Infinity™" kit listed in the "SEMROC kits at a glance" ?? Can't find any info on it and I don't remember it from back in the 60s & 70s. Does anyone have a photo they can post???

Yep - it's a new one that should be available soon once a few remaining details get sorted.

Pittsburgh Space Command, Section #473, is celebrating its 25th Anniversary as an NAR section this year, and our commemorative launch is the 22nd of May. What's a commemorative launch without a commemorative kit?

The illustration for the model has been worked up and should be available soon for posting. I'll also mention that the kit is a two-stage two engine cluster; should be interesting to fly!

The kit was conceived by Mike Hardobey, a long time club member, and was selected from several designs that were entered in a club contest. Mike also conceived our Anniversary patch, and its final design was true team effort. More info can be found at http://www.psc473.org/

Everyone is welcome to visit and fly with us at the commemorative launch, and if you have a favorite model from 1986, bring it along. We're also planning to launch as many vintage models from 1986 as we can at the Anniversary launch, and it should be interesting to see what turns up!

In the meantime, we're finalizing just a few remaining details and then the PSC Infinity should be ready to go. A big shout out to Carl and team for all their help; they've been a solid supporter of our Section over the years, and the entire PSC team is extremely grateful for their support and friendship.
YORF #003
SAM #004
Old 02-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile
What is the background on the "PSC Infinity™" ?
I apologize for the slip!

It should have had a flag set for non-display in the active kits listings. As John said, this is a proprietary design of PSC and is not currently planned for general release by Semroc. If you want to help celebrate the 25th anniversary of PSC, please contact John. He might be able to make you an honorary member!
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 02-09-2011, 11:25 AM
NAR #78048 L1 - Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
I apologize for the slip!

It should have had a flag set for non-display in the active kits listings. As John said, this is a proprietary design of PSC and is not currently planned for general release by Semroc. If you want to help celebrate the 25th anniversary of PSC, please contact John. He might be able to make you an honorary member!

That's correct; we had been planning to post a notice once we had the kit ready, but it seems that the horse has since left the corral. In any case, if anyone has interest in the PSC Infinity, let me know. In the meantime, Film at 11:00.
YORF #003
SAM #004