Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2020, 09:09 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

My Saturn 1B was supposed to arrive on 12/18.
Since 12/17 it has been sitting in some USPS blackhole with no status update since.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 12-25-2020, 10:34 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Since 12/17 it has been sitting in some USPS blackhole with no status update since.

Yeah, I ordered some Estes Little Joe I's directly from Estes (I had never picked up any since it was first released) in early December during their 12 days of Christmas thingy they had going on. Package didn't arrive here until about three days ago.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 12-26-2020, 12:56 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman

I ordered a 3-pack of Nagoya dual band antennas directly from Taiwan about a month ago. It took 5 days to get to NY where it entered the USPS system, and has been sitting there ever since.

I had a multi conductor cable shipment go through Memphis a few years ago. It got lost there and I received a new shipment promptly. Almost a year later, the lost cable arrived, battered and bruised. It looked like it had been turning in a cement mixer full of bowling balls for about a month.
Old 12-26-2020, 02:20 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I ordered a 3-pack of Nagoya dual band antennas directly from Taiwan about a month ago. It took 5 days to get to NY where it entered the USPS system, and has been sitting there ever since.

I had a multi conductor cable shipment go through Memphis a few years ago. It got lost there and I received a new shipment promptly. Almost a year later, the lost cable arrived, battered and bruised. It looked like it had been turning in a cement mixer full of bowling balls for about a month.

No connection whatsoever to the current issues with the USPS but years ago, during one of my unit’s many deployments to SWA (C130s always seem to be in demand) we had a main tire disappear - personally I suspected the USMC 130 guys down the ramp from us - so on return I adjusted it off our inventory and life went on. But evidently it was mishandled by the Transportation guys at the base because nearly a year later it turns up on a truck, shipped under the same requisition number from our deployed location, all the way to CONUS via military airfreight through Charleston SC. I peeled off the layers of shipping labels and we could see it had shipped from Germany under our requisition to the deployed location then months later a new duplicate label with a new consignee was printed sending it stateside. So back on the inventory it went after a nice little vacation on the big beach without an ocean
Old 01-11-2021, 08:31 PM
Apollo Nut

I never got the Estes 50th anniversary Saturn V kit. As I recall, the various plastic corrugated wraps (which for a couple prior Saturn V releases were the old Centuri vacuform wraps) were redone for that kit.

For the lower first and second stage wraps in the *new* Skylab Saturn V, are they same that were introduced in the 50th anniversary kit or are they new yet again?

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 01-11-2021, 10:49 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
I never got the Estes 50th anniversary Saturn V kit. As I recall, the various plastic corrugated wraps (which for a couple prior Saturn V releases were the old Centuri vacuform wraps) were redone for that kit.

For the lower first and second stage wraps in the *new* Skylab Saturn V, are they same that were introduced in the 50th anniversary kit or are they new yet again?

Earl

Reportedly the wraps have been corrected.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:57 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
Reportedly the wraps have been corrected.

Now that you mention it, I do recall there was an error in the wraps that caused (or could cause) and alignment error or was otherwise just not correct.

Does anyone know whether the Skylab Saturn V wraps are the same basic set (with corrections), or was an entire new set of wraps made for this version (again, speaking of the first and second stages)?

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions