Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Junior Rocketeer

I see allot of stuff about Estes rockets. I have a few centuri rockets well like 10 that I was looking for some info about them .I can't seem to find any forums or collectors . Can anybody help me out.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger t.
I see allot of stuff about Estes rockets. I have a few centuri rockets well like 10 that I was looking for some info about them .I can't seem to find any forums or collectors . Can anybody help me out.

List what you have and some of us who are Centuri fans will certainly try to help!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 11-22-2012, 10:35 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Centuri

I got this on my inbox. I have every Centuri Catalog back to 1963. What do you need to know, maybe I can help. Will be glad to if I can,,,,danny.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:

If you are looking for the value of Centuri kits follow the historical database link on Gerry's website. It is a few years old but it is the only Centuri price tracking data that I know of.

The Ninfinger link has all of the old Centuri catalogs.

Use the search function here on Ye Olde Rocket Forum. Centuri rockets have been discussed frequently.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:09 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default KITs

This also came to my inbox. Im not looking for info-i was answering a request. Thanks though. I am in the process of helping Gerry update his kit listings, but mostly will be Early Estes. danny
Old 11-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Junior Rocketeer

When I got these I was going to build them but then I started to think they where someones old collection.. I do not know what year they are yet but I did find the ninefingers web site.... O. K. here's the first ten
KA-1 Hercules
KB-6 black widow
KB-17 astro-1
KBG-3 swift
KC-12 star fire
KC-13 the point
KC-16 chuter-2
KC-20 pay loader 2
KC-50 laser x
KS-9 little joe 2
I need to spend a little more time on figuring out what year they are.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
When I got these I was going to build them but then I started to think they where someones old collection.. I do not know what year they are yet but I did find the ninefingers web site.... O. K. here's the first ten
KA-1 Hercules
KB-6 black widow
KB-17 astro-1
KBG-3 swift
KC-12 star fire
KC-13 the point
KC-16 chuter-2
KC-20 pay loader 2
KC-50 laser x
KS-9 little joe 2
I need to spend a little more time on figuring out what year they are.

Roger,

Just list them on ebay and be done with it.

The current market price is what you will receive, and the people bidding will know all the details.

Make sure you have crisp and clear photos of the hang tags and tubes, a good front and back shot.

They should range from $50 on up, but don't view model rockets as an investment as some bone heads do. You want to invest, buy gold, treasury notes, bonds, fine jewelry or art. Model rocket collecting should be done as fun and because you LOVE the hobby.

Visit http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/rockets.html for the catalogs and you can find the dates for the kits, but note that the face cards change from year to year.

Jonathan

P.s. as a warning to those of you here who might be ready to pounce: Remember Jonesy!

Let Roger T. put these up on ebay and pay via paypal. $40 more on the bid is far better than a couple hundred on the loss. I know I'm small minded, HARSAS from Florida said so, and I have been ignoring his recent ebay actions as he doesn't need the money of small minded person like myself. Be warned! People are hurting financially all across America and its easy to use the greed of the individual against him or her. I'm small minded, but very experienced; let the ebay market decide this or take a chance

P.s.s Roger T, don't take my words personally. People are ripping people off all over the net now. On other model sites I use, the scams are a plenty. As an honest person, I am sure you understand and won't take it personally. We had a guy roll through here and con many out of hundreds. He was just a name and a picture; that was all Jonesy needed.

Use Gerry's price site, view the auctions closing today and tomorrow as there a few Centuri kits up there. Once I lost sight of this hobby as being fun and not the most important thing in the Universe and paid a price for doing so. Don't make that mistake ... any of you!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Junior Rocketeer

I have ten more Estes rockets all from the early 60's . No I am not trying to make a fortune but I just didn't want to rip my own self off or ruin someone else's collection. These where given to a friend and myself and we split them up and he kept saying he was going to sell his half for $ 50 bucks. So I told him if that's all he was gunna do with them I would give him the $50.00. Then I realized that hey where old and collectable. I have the Mars snooper good golly like a dream come true lol. They might end up in the closet for my kids to figure out what to do with them in 30 years or so I hope. Or maybe put the on eBay.. or maybe build them and put them in there glory !!!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
I have ten more Estes rockets all from the early 60's . No I am not trying to make a fortune but I just didn't want to rip my own self off or ruin someone else's collection. These where given to a friend and myself and we split them up and he kept saying he was going to sell his half for $ 50 bucks. So I told him if that's all he was gunna do with them I would give him the $50.00. Then I realized that hey where old and collectable. I have the Mars snooper good golly like a dream come true lol. They might end up in the closet for my kids to figure out what to do with them in 30 years or so I hope. Or maybe put the on eBay.. or maybe build them and put them in there glory !!!

Put them on ebay and build the clone kits that are available: Semroc.com and others. Just google clone model rocket; there are at least a half dozen people selling clone kits!

Good luck, and thanks for not getting bent out of shape with my last reply. Shows character!

Jonathan
Old 11-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:

Those are some 'older' Centuri kits, and the Chuter II and the Little Joe II (the latter in particular) are very collectible. The Point as well, while it would not bring in a TON of cash on ebay, doesn't come up as often. I've only got one of the Little Joe II KS-9 kits.....it comes up VERY rarely......I think I paid somewhere around $300 for the one I've got mint in the bag. It was one of the last of the Centuri 'super-scale' kits that I was able to get my hands on.

As earlier suggested, if you do plan to post on ebay, take several good photos of each kit, front, back, and point out any particular defect a kit might have (opened kit, crushed tubes, etc.).

If you want to do something one-on-one on the Chuter II, send me a PM.

Best wishes on whatever you plan to do with them; they are a nice selection of classic Centuri kits.

Earl

P.S.--The Black Widow seems to do very well in ebay auctions also, especially if it is a somewhat older version from the 60s or very early 70s, which sounds like yours is.
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970

Last edited by Earl : 11-24-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added Black Widow info