Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I remember the space age

Default New magazine

Hi all. Although I have been in contact with some of you already, I wanted to officially announce the debut of LAUNCH Magazine, which will focus on vintage model rocketry, as well as current developments in the hobby. We have been quietly putting this together for months, and agreed to become a major sponsor at NARAM-48. (But we had asked Matt Steele to keep it under wraps until now, which is why he mentions us at the bottom of the NARAM site vendors section as a "to be announced" sponsor.) We all agreed to go ahead and announce it this week.

The premier issue of LAUNCH will first be available only at NARAM, and then a short time later to everyone. We will publish six times per year, including September/October this year (the one at NARAM) and November/December. Our premier issue includes major interviews with Vern and Gleda Estes, Lee Piester, Matt Steele, stories on Orville Carlisle and G. Harry Stine, and a great roundup of what is going on in model rocketry today. We will also have a regular manufacturers section called "What's Hot."

So by all means, please send us your press announcements (editorial@launchmagonline.com) or you can advertise and help us pay the bills by contacting debmartin@launchmagonline.com. And please know that your editorial mentions in LAUNCH do not depend on an advertising commitment.

Also, we are making it clear that we do not consider ourselves to be in competition with Sport Rocketry, and in fact we will have an ad in their September/October issue and they will have an ad in our premier issue. And of course, we fully support all of their activities. We view our new magazine as a celebration of this great hobby. You can get more details by going to launchmagonline.com. In the coming days, we'll be adding a lot more to the site, and we'll see all of you at NARAM.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 07-11-2006, 12:44 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

This idea for a magazine sounds GREAT !
I MUST have a copy of the first issue, but cannot attend NARAM....where do I order it ?

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !
Old 07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
I remember the space age

Default The premier issue

Great. Thanks. You can order the first issue at launchmagonline.com, although you'll notice there is a big savings in signing up for a subscription. And please forgive us if there are a few clinks in the online ordering system for a couple of days. We have literally just gone live online. You'll see much more there in the days ahead, including excerpts from the first issue.
Again, many thanks.
Mark
Old 07-11-2006, 01:11 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm0202
I wanted to officially announce the debut of LAUNCH Magazine, which will focus on vintage model rocketry, as well as current developments in the hobby.

Mark,

Will this be strictly an online publication, or will you be working up a paper version as well?

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 07-11-2006, 01:24 PM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Mark,

Will this be strictly an online publication, or will you be working up a paper version as well?

Craig,

Mark goes into more detail in his other thread about the launch of... um, well... LAUNCH. It'll be a glossy, full-color, paper publication.
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!