Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Forum Information, Rules, Etc
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2019, 09:57 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Yeah, I saw that too, but I *think* (and hope) they are posts that folks have identiied as 'lost' in this recent event and are re-creating and reposting their earlier messages.

I've got one or two that I will attempt to repost myself, probably tomorrow.

Earl

Yes, that's what is happening, but it still feels weird when I click on a "new" post and for a fraction of a second I'm thinking, "didn't I already read that?"
Old 08-28-2019, 10:13 PM
Apollo Nut

Well, here's one that will maybe make reading and re-reading just a *bit* easier.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f4/1...8c3ba14dcf4.jpg

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 08-28-2019, 10:45 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Thankfully I got Earl's free unused boxed Enerjet motors and Athena kit before his posting disappeared.
They arrived in pristine condition.

In times like these, we need to stay calm and get a good whiff of the vintage Aero Gloss Dope fumes.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-28-2019, 11:27 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
There was a Semroc thread with great info from Sheryl I’d hate to lose.

Hi 5x7, if you are referring to this thread, "Semroc Kits" , started by Initiator001, I see that the last post that survived was #15 by ghrocketman, along with Sheryl's first post in #13. I am not sure if the next post, #16, was Sheryl's second post in reply to the thread. She said that she did not attend the 2003 Naram with Carl & Bruce and was not totally sure what the first 4 kits were but named some, & mentioned how they used their savings to re-start Semroc. I cant remember if you also replied to that post by Sheryl.

I am set up to get email notifications of replies to threads that I have posted to, and so I have copies of the posts that came after my first post shown below.
Maybe someone else has email notifications of the posts after #15 to confirm ???
This would all be easier if we had an Omega 13 device.....

Hi Sheryl, and 5x7,

The best info from my records are that Semroc's releases for aught-three and aught-four were the following, but would appreciate any corrections needed :

2003: Laser-X, Lil' Hercules, Micron, Rawhide, Rocket Rack, Sky Hook, Squire, Swift, Triton.

2004: Astro-1, Astrobee 350, Astro-Jr, Firefly, Goliath, Hydra VII, Javelin, Lil' Ivan, Lune R-1, Mark II, Recruiter, SLS Jaguar, SLS Javelin, SLS Scorpion, SLS Sky Hook, ThunderBee.

Craig
SAM #0010

Craig, you're right. I forgot about the Micron being in the first four. Sky Hook, Lil' Hercules, Squire, Rocket Rack, and Laser-X came next. The SLS Laser-X was produced after a Semroc fan suggested to Bruce that we should up-scale it.

I checked the electronic copy of the Semroc Arcon-Hi pdf instructions and Carl's date inside the document shows March 11, 2008, with no revision dates. So your 2008 date on that kit appears to be correct.

Unfortunately, I never downloaded the Arcon instructions, so I can't check the date on it. Maybe someone else has an electronic copy of it or a hardcopy from an actual kit they bought.

Earl

From BARgeezer
You can download the Semroc Arcon instructions, as well as a bunch of other models at the old Semroc website: http://www.semroc.com/Documents/pdf/Arcon.pdf

Great thing about Carl's instructions is the parts list included with every set.
Cheers.

Here is what I would post next if the thread is recreated:

Thanks Earl for the tip!!! & BARgeezer for the link!!!
Per the Arcon instructions, it shows May 2, 2004, so the Arcon kit was released in 2004 & should be added to the 2004 releases I listed in my post above.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:42 AM
Sometimes collector

That’s a big help, Earl helpfullly mentioned that there are dates in the kit instructions. Could you paste what you have here, there in the semroc thread? I am getting the dates from the kit instructions and I’ll try to post that. There’s only a couple of the xkits instructions I can’t find so far(Nighththawk, Trident, Spaceman) I think they were pulled because they became kits (if they were available as xkits at all).

Last edited by 5x7 : 08-29-2019 at 07:02 AM.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:49 AM
Apollo Nut

Space Ranger-

Hey, that looks like a pretty accurate reconstruction of the missing posts! Thanks a bunch.

And thanks Bargeezer for the link on the Semroc Arcon pdf. I checked on downloading other pdfs from the site several years ago after Semroc had beem sold, but I was not able to access them any longer. Good to know I can go back and maybe get the few that I did not get at the time.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 08-29-2019, 01:10 PM
Dazed and Confused

Apache is running just fine!
Old 08-29-2019, 02:15 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

I swear my webhost is run by some complete ****ups now it seems. That was the IT Director that messed stuff up today! He was trying to get secure sites working. It is now working except for forums.rocketshoppe.com is still messed up. He's still working on that. All my other sites are operational and run securely with https:// now.

And, I'm the only one allowed to swear on this forum!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Hi, is anyone else having a problem with their password? I've always know what it is, but the last 2 or 3 days keeps saying it's incorrect. When I ask it to reset my password it sends the email, let's me to log in with the new automated password, then says it's incorrect again after I close the browser.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:36 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

You wouldn't be able to post if you weren't logged in. I'd try clearing your cache and cookies. If nothing else send me a PM and tell me what you'd like me to manually set your password to.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558