Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Default Centuri Redeye

I was just thumbing through some of the Centuri rocket plans I've downloaded, and discovered that the Centuri Redeye is another of those rockts that used the nose cone that later became the Yankee's nose. That puppy is cloneable, but we need the decals/wraps and the fin pattern - I checked here on YORP - we've got the plans only.

I tried to bid on the redeye that went up on Ebay, but I got outbid. If I'd gotten it, I would have sent them in, but...

So if anyone has those decals and/or fin patterns, scan 'em and send them to Scott... I gotta find something to do with those Yankee noses besides the X-24 Bug

Greg
Old 05-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Administrator

I have a Red-Eye, but it's built and decals are applied. The best I could do is take photos for anyone wishing to recreate them. Anyone willing to do this let me know and I'll e-mail you photos.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Paper Rocketeer

Sure - send 'em to me. I thought about doing that with the illustrations from the catalog and instructions anyway, so color photos would be a real bonus. Also, if you could give me some measurements (length of BT, length of the dowels, length of each side of the fins) that would help as well. The results won't be the real thing, but I bet I can get something that looks pretty good.

Greg
Old 05-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Administrator

OK Greg. I'll bring some pics in tomorrow and send them your way. I'll get the measurements for you as well.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Paper Rocketeer

Fantastic - of course, what I come up with won't be all that great, since I can't print on foil (sigh). But, we'll see what I can come up with. If it looks good, I'll be satisfied!

Greg
Old 05-18-2005, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
Fantastic - of course, what I come up with won't be all that great, since I can't print on foil (sigh). But, we'll see what I can come up with. If it looks good, I'll be satisfied!

Greg

I thought of that already. Put a wrap of chrome trim monokote on first and put the decal over that.

I'll e-mail the photos in a few. I forgot to take measurements though. I'll get those tonight.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:26 PM
GET GOONY!!

Eagle3 wrote: "Put a wrap of chrome trim monokote on first and put the decal over that. "

This works!! I have done this myself and so have others. The model that comes to mind is Citation version of the Starship Vega.

Phred

GET GOONY!!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Administrator

OK, here are some rough dimensions.
The BT length is 3"
Dowel length is 8"
ThefFin/dowel brace span is 3/4"
The fin/dowel braces are notched on the leading edge to fit the dowels. The notch is from the trailing tip towards the top of the root edge and is 7/8" long. The notch is just big enough to fit the dowel and be flush with the unnotched part of the leading edge.
The body tube decal wrap is 1 5/8" tall.