Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2021, 01:46 AM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone
Default AC Supply

Has anyone been having issues with orders from AC Supply? Placed an order with them last month. They show the item shipped. USPS shows pending acceptance. When I contact AC Supply’s customer service (email), I haven’t received any response (contacted twice). Still have items on my wish list there but hesitant about placing another order when this one is in apparent limbo.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:38 AM
Apollo Nut

Been a couple months since my last order with them, but sounds like in your instance that you might need to give them a phone call.

Their 800 number is listed in their ‘contact us’ section under ‘Customer Service’ at the bottom of their web page.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 04-27-2021, 06:57 AM
NAR # 19250 - Life Member

I had a similar problem with an order placed January 11. After emailing them, the package (which was also "pending acceptance") finally started moving, then got stuck in the maw of Chicago USPS system. It took a total of 42 days for the order to arrive, leaving St. Louis and finally getting delivered to the far NE Chicago suburbs.

Patience is counseled.
A dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets. But high above the quiet streets on the 12th floor of the Acme Building, one man is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions. Guy Noir, Private Eye.

Fox Valley Rocketeers: http://www.foxvalleyrocketeers.org
Old 04-27-2021, 04:53 PM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

Around 5 years or so ago, i had an order that was mailed fomr AC Supply, but was meandering. A week later, I contacted them as the tracing indicated it had been sent BACK to the St Louis area. I needed some of those engines for a contest.

AC supply did the incredible. They sent me a duplicate order, and asked me if the orginal order finally showed up, to return it to them, at their expense.

Got the replacement order in 3 days, IIRC. And a few days later.... the orginal order showed up. I used a prepaid mailing label that they'd e-mailed me, to send the original order back.

Now, i'd had a good track record of ordering from them for a few years (no, I did no bring that up to them when I called). So they might not extend so much trust to a brand new customer (or maybe they do).

In any case, with that fantastic customer service, and 40% off and free shipping at $100 or more, this is why I highly recommend them.

I've never had a problem with them, for anything that was under their control. And in that case, they made good on something totally out of their control.

And in the last year, the USPS problems have only gotten a lot worse. And many people know why, so I won't get into it here.
Georges'CancerGoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer
Old 04-27-2021, 05:40 PM
Master Modeler

I called them this morning. The order did ship (which was my only concern). They seem as frustrated with USPS as a shipper as we are as the receiver. They said they would follow-up with their USPS. My query was answered by my local office (I don't know why they didn't send it to the PO that received the order). I told them no worries. I'm already aware of how well government run activities function. I know if it's been shipped, it will eventually get to me. He did tell me a story about a shipment that made it to 12 destinations before finally being delivered......sound familiar?
Old 04-27-2021, 05:58 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

The only trouble I have had recently is their use of USPS shipping which is agonizingly slow and has incredibly LOUSY tracking.
FedEx is the only way to ship if you want reasonable delivery timing.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 04-27-2021, 09:36 PM
Apollo Nut

My personal experiences the past couple months now with the USPS is that they have made fairly significant improvements compared to late last year and very early this year. Not quite back to pre-pandemic performance (that, all long-standing jokes about the USPS aside, was not really bad at all), but certainly is better.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 04-28-2021, 07:21 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
I called them this morning. The order did ship (which was my only concern). They seem as frustrated with USPS as a shipper as we are as the receiver. They said they would follow-up with their USPS. My query was answered by my local office (I don't know why they didn't send it to the PO that received the order). I told them no worries. I'm already aware of how well government run activities function. I know if it's been shipped, it will eventually get to me. He did tell me a story about a shipment that made it to 12 destinations before finally being delivered......sound familiar?

My USPS shipments coming from anywhere but NY/NJ do just fine until they get to the black hole of death's little sister called the Memphis hub. The NJ international hub is the ultimate black hole of death. Every other place I track, my packages spend less than a day at whatever hub it may be.

FedEx is in terrible shape here. The Humboldt hub is a tent city with boxes piled up on the bare ground (in the tents), busted boxes and open boxes everywhere. UPS seems to be the only carrier that isn't in disarray right now. I received a vintage scanner last week from Western Canada in 7 days, counting the weekend!
Old 04-28-2021, 01:48 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
UPS seems to be the only carrier that isn't in disarray right now. I received a vintage scanner last week from Western Canada in 7 days, counting the weekend!

UPS in Canada is miserable and gouges us relentlessly. I purchased some kits from a guy in Texas and sent them to me via UPS, even though we agreed to USPS, it ended being 85% of the purchase AND the original quote of shipping in UPS's fees. Now that a Canadian mega carrier (Queerbecer) owns UPS, in about a year or year and a half, UPS services will completely go down the toilet.

USPS service has been great receiving my stuff in Canada. The only time I get stuck with duty and tax is when it enters customs in Montreal, every else is no duty, unless it's over $200ish.

Last edited by Ltvscout : 04-29-2021 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:45 AM
Master Modeler

Well, I don’t know if it has something to do with AC Supply calling someone or the VERY DISSATISFIED rating I gave the USPS survey following my query of where my package is, but today it’s in Dallas. Strangely, the MO tracking info still shows pending acceptance......