Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > RockSim Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default "Unable to create simulation output files"

I am trying to evaluate a Aerotech G80-7 within Rocksim with a Gemini Titan..The engine loads properly, but when I go to simulate, I get the above error...Since this is the demo I was reluctant to bother Apogee, hoping one of you exerts would have the answer..Of course if I spent the 120.00 I would be on the phone !!!!

Oh yea, I am using the MAC version of the demo....
Old 08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRC
I am trying to evaluate a Aerotech G80-7 within Rocksim with a Gemini Titan..The engine loads properly, but when I go to simulate, I get the above error...Since this is the demo I was reluctant to bother Apogee, hoping one of you exerts would have the answer..Of course if I spent the 120.00 I would be on the phone !!!!

Oh yea, I am using the MAC version of the demo....

The website doesn't indicate the program is 'hamstrung' about it's features, other than the program stops working after 30 days. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program? You may have had a corrupted install, though it doesn't seem likely if you're getting the rest of the program to work. Could it just be past the 30 day limit?

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 08-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
The website doesn't indicate the program is 'hamstrung' about it's features, other than the program stops working after 30 days. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program? You may have had a corrupted install, though it doesn't seem likely if you're getting the rest of the program to work. Could it just be past the 30 day limit?

Its day 16 .....I did load it on my laptop..(MacBook) and the sim works fine, but not on my MacPro desktop...I did reload to no avail.. (hehe, it does keep track of the times it was used and the days left even if deleted and re-installed !!) Ill keep messing with it..Thanks for the response..
Old 08-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRC
Its day 16 .....I did load it on my laptop..(MacBook) and the sim works fine, but not on my MacPro desktop...I did reload to no avail.. (hehe, it does keep track of the times it was used and the days left even if deleted and re-installed !!) Ill keep messing with it..Thanks for the response..

I found the problem...It wont save or write files from the image file (mac users know what this is !!) must be in a folder all to itself ....

Now, does anyone know if Apogee ever offers coupons or discounts for its software before I take the plunge..??
Old 08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
U.S. Manned Space Program Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRC
... does anyone know if Apogee ever offers coupons or discounts for its software ...

Near the end of your evaluation period, you may get an email that will have a small discount for the software. At least I did.

Greg
Old 08-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGleason
Near the end of your evaluation period, you may get an email that will have a small discount for the software. At least I did.

Greg

Better than nothin, I wait...Thanks Greg....