Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2020, 06:05 AM
Where'd it go?

Steve,

Looks like a great flight!

Cluster flight for the maiden

Bob

NAR# 54643 L-1

SAM# 043

AMA# 157091

VRCS# 154

A&P# 42x xx xxxx.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:18 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushingmule
Steve,

Looks like a great flight!

Cluster flight for the maiden

Bob
THANKS EVERYONE for the compliments and your words of encouragement. This probably wasn’t the best project that I could have picked for my recent return to flight because it was slightly challenging to build and finish but that always makes for a much more satisfying build especially when ordering a pile of BMS parts and using the instruction sheet from the original NCR kit. It flew GREAT for a first flight on an Estes E12 and two C6-0’s straight as an arrow and I was able to witness the entire flight to apogee.

For those of you who like data here are the two files for the MINI KATANA and Estes Doorknob that I flew last Saturday downloaded from my FlightSketch Mini altimeter.

https://flightsketch.com/flights/1342/

https://flightsketch.com/flights/1343/

I also shot a few pictures at the launch site of other rockets that were racked up at the same time as mine while standing waiting. I put those in an iCloud album for lack of a better online storage at present to store them here:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0u5qXGF1bg68d

That’s Chris’s Rocket Supplies trailer chocked full of motors. A slight distraction to the wife and a quick walk through the trailer and snuck a small bag of goodies home taking advantage of no shipping charges and especially no HAZMAT fee!

I’m normally not off during the day like today. I had another outpatient procedure on my lower back between L3 and S1 at the pain management clinic this morning completing the right side of my lower back this morning. I just need to repeat the same three procedures on the left side over the next six weeks and I should be fixed up. Then I *should* only have the mobility impairment issue to deal with at launches probably just walking assisted with a cane again. I just wear out with the pain and lung issue that I get winded and tire VERY quickly now.

I intend to fly as long as I am able and when I’m no longer able to fly I’ll just build or attend launches and photograph and document the other flyers builds. I need a little more practice with my camera I’m rusty. I set it for 800ASA and tried to shoot between 1/2000 and 1/2500 sec. I should have let it autofocus once while on the pad and then switch to manual focus so it wouldn’t attempt to keep refocusing after the rocket moved but I forgot to do that. I guess I could have just set it on Sport Mode and checked the setting to be sure it picked a fast enough shutter speed but like I said I really need more practice with the settings because in that mode it tries to continuously focus
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates

Last edited by snaquin : 10-02-2020 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-08-2020, 07:34 PM
The_Ripper

Default Something wicked this way comes ...

I end this thread with my next rocket project ...

I got stickers in today for my new Minnie-Magg rocket that my wife bought for me on my birthday 10/4. I still need to build it and I just opened up the custom vinyl decals that came in from StickerShock today ...

I bumped this one to the front of my build pile. For the most part it’s just a very simple 3FNC build. I’ve wanted one since it first appeared in the 1987 LOC catalog and I saw one fly for the first time back in 1988 ... gonna paint it blue with a black nose cone of course

Big Honker #6 knife shown in the picture for scale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  1B9D13C8-B488-4BDE-8D50-88562B455902.jpeg
Views: 28
Size:  1.42 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  31CDD277-C980-4680-B29C-4EAF46BECBC2.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  1.66 MB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 10-08-2020, 09:30 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Those are "Big Honker" decals !!

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !