Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2019, 05:17 AM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
This simple vintage build is complete coming in at 30 grams minus engine. The foil decal was a little challenging, because of the age I did not use Windex to assist so it was one shot and hope it comes out straight. On to my next vintage Estes build.

That looks great, what do you think of the fluorescent orange? I have found that color tough to make look even.

Last edited by 5x7 : 01-20-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:48 AM
Master Modeler

This was the first time I ever used Fluorescent paint and it was not too bad, but I did follow the instructions and used a white undercoat. The only uneven are I found is where the fins and the BT intersect.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:53 AM
spirit of 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
This simple vintage build is complete coming in at 30 grams minus engine. The foil decal was a little challenging, because of the age I did not use Windex to assist so it was one shot and hope it comes out straight. On to my next vintage Estes build.

Could you explain your use of Windex ? A wetting solution for peel and cuss stickers ? Or waterslide decals as well ?
Old 10-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Master Modeler

I don't use Windex with waterslide decals, but do use it with peel and stick decals. I put Windex on the area where I want my peel and stick decal to be placed. The Windex allows me to reposition the decal and once in place I squeeze out the water and bubbles and allow to dry. If you apply the peel and stick decal without Windex, you are unable to reposition without damaging the decal or the paint underneath.