Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > RockSim Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Rocket Scientist

Default Buggy design?

Thought I'd just post this to see if anyone can get it working. For some reason, when I sim this, the rocket will appear to fly normally, but then I'll suddenly get "nan" for all simulation values, and the simulation will continue executing indefinitely. Because of this, I can't load a 2D flight profile, but I can look at the graphs of the simulation, which appear fairly normal (though, altitude is a bit lower than I'd expect, acceleration seems to be jumping around wildly towards the end of the burn, as well as the Cd, which starts off in a normal range, but starts rapidly pinging between ~0.5 and 2.5 towards the end of the first second of flight).

Ideas?

I simulated the tank tubes with non-ejectable pods for authenticity. I could redo the design with them as inside tubes, which would probably be more stable, program-wise, but... why shouldn't I be able to use pods

I also have a 3-stage version of this design (I've reduced it to a single stage due to time constraints on building the real thing), and it did virtually the same thing.
Attached Files
File Type: rkt 1-227 Saturn 1B SA-205.rkt (126.4 KB, 107 views)
NAR#77967
http://www.Semroc.com