Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2009, 06:01 PM
7/21/61

I want to add a few names to the list:

Aerospace Specialty Products (A.S.P.): Andy gives wonderful service and his products are top notch. Although he carries way more than just competition stuff, his competition kits (scale, egglofters, etc.) are great and his parts (pre-cut ultra-lightweight fiberglass fins and 1/4 mil parachutes are one of a kind in the supplier industry. I order a ton of stuff from ASP and they are always a pleasure to deal with.

Venus Rocketry: Mark Petrovich makes a variety of competition models but his FAI 40mm Spacemodeling Kit is his signature. Handmade fiberglass and mylar body tubes and nosecone, plus fins, 13mm motor mount tube, kevlar shock cord, 3 foam ejection plugs, and complete well-written instructions all for $12. This is a Big Bertha sized rocket that weighs less than an ounce! Mark is always wonderful to deal with. If you haven't flown one of his models you're really missing something.

Qualified Competition Rockets (Q.C.R.): Ken Brown makes kits of virtually every kind of rocket flown in NAR competition. A truly amazing resource and always a pleasure to deal with. If you've thought about entering a contest but are worried your model might not be too competitive, check out Ken's offerings. Very nice stuff at very reasonable prices. Only downside to Q.C.R. is that you have to plan in advance since there is no direct ordering and PayPaling on the website. This is a "phone Ken"or send a letter with an order and a check, style operation.

True Modeler's Rocket Kits: Really interesting Scale Models, not just for competiton. Outstanding quality kits, great attention to scale details. Check out their Juno-1, Aries "Fat Albert", and Pegasus. Always great service (which is really surprising considering some of the individuals involved in running the operation. ).
Old 11-07-2009, 10:41 PM
At mad scientist basement

And where is Sunward ?

I have been trying to check this site at least once a day for the last little while. Looks like I need to check more often.
www.sunwardhobbies.ca
info@sunward1.com
CAR S573 L2 TRA 11312 L1 NAR 87131
www.facebook.com/sunwardrockets
Old 11-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Oh boy ,my first post ! Just had to chime in and list my favs ,

Apogee - well ,what can you say about Tim ! He and his staff wrote the book on customer service.

ARG ( been dealing with Taras for years....can never walk out of his shop without dropping under $800.00)

Red Arrow Hobbies - treats us canadians real good !

Commonwealth displays - again ,great to deal with and fast shipping !

True Modelers - always happy to help with the Q & A and cool kits (bought his Pegasus kit)

What`s Up Hobbies - another top notch bunch to deal with !

Stickershock 23 - Have not yet bought from Mark yet ,but he answers all my questions and is quick.

Hope to add to the list !
Old 11-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunward
And where is Sunward ?

I have been trying to check this site at least once a day for the last little while. Looks like I need to check more often.

I don't do much direct selling as I'm a manufacurer not a vendor. They may have figured you along those lines. Same as "E"and "Q".
Mr. Bob
Starlight guy
www.starlightrocketry.com
Old 11-08-2009, 07:29 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunward
And where is Sunward ?

Sorry... I've ordered parts from you guys before and had great service and prices. Everything was top notch.

My nephews built some of the fighter plane kits, and I REALLY like them and need to get some of them. I liked the "Ice Storm" one and a red "Tigershark" looking one I helped my nephew with for 4H... maybe it was a T-38 Talon... Sorta looked like that anyway.

Later! OL JR
Old 11-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Dazed and Confused

Default Winged Shadow Systems

I've got to mention Winged Shadow Systems.

I ordered a How High SP altimeter from them Friday. It was shipped the same day with email notifications, and it was in my mailbox Monday. They must know the same magic words as SEMROC and UMRS to get the USPS to move that fast. I'm looking forward to flying it soon.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Rocket Huckster

Thank you everyone who likes our shipping speed, Carl doesnt know we got his transporter patent
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRS
Thank you everyone who likes our shipping speed, Carl doesnt know we got his transporter patent

He does now...
Old 11-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

I hope to give Uncle Mike some business some day.I`ll test his shipping to Canada ,although these things are never fully in a vendors control.

Got some dealings with Sandman (Roachworks) in the works.

It`s always a good thing to support vendors on these sites ,and the feedback is a bonus.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Master Modeler

I'd like to mention a few that have always delivered good product in a fast efficient manner:

Sunward Aerospace - buy a fair number of parts from this company; love their motor mounts!

Squirrel Works - Very cool designs, some retro.

Red River Rocketry - Very nice kits; John Dyer does not get enough credit for his stuff.

InFlight Rockets - The man knows how to please his customers; seems like there is a new kit every other week

There are so many great vendors out there, offering such a wide range of stuff - In everything except for LPR motors, we are truly in a rocket golden age!
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet

Last edited by Vanel : 11-11-2009 at 10:06 PM.