Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > BARCLONE > Software
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 PM
"now where did THAT one go??"

Default wRASP - Adding Rockets?

Hi All;
I've been using wRASP as my preferred flight simulator- it's not as powerful as OpenRocket, but it's easier to use. It seems pretty accurate, but I can't seem to figure out how to add rockets to the library. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Old Rocketeer

I think the data files are just text file, so you should be able to open them using a text editor. As for adding new rockets, since it is a text file you should be able to cut and paste an entry and then modify it. Here is a link to the wrasp data page:

http://www.wrasp.com/data.html
Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 PM
"now where did THAT one go??"

Resurrecting my own thread, how embarrassing !

I'm clearly not a computer whiz, but I cannot get my updated "rocket.dat" to work with wRASP. All I did was add rockets using the same documentation strategy as the others, and saved as a .dat, but when I put it into the wRASP directory, it crashes the program!!

I did find Rasp 3.0 (which works on Win 7) here: http://www.aresinstitute.org/index....d=114&Itemid=76, but I still cannot add files to the .dat!!

I swear I'm not an idiot: I"m saving as "all types" instead of ".txt" and making sure it gets the .dat extension...don't know what else I'm missing.

Edit- if i go very slow, add a rocket, save, test- it works...mostly. but then, I add a rocket, test, and it crashes, and even though I've saved after every addition, my rocket.dat file is wiped out back to the beginning (or near beginning). Very screwy and making me mad!

Last edited by soopirV : 05-20-2012 at 09:44 PM.