Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2020, 09:52 AM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Centuri Kit Collectors ?

WHO OF YOU ARE TODAYS CENTURI KIT COLLECTORS ? MOST I KNEW HAVE DISAPPEARED, OR CROAKED. PLEASE CONTACT ME. LETS TALK SHOP. IM LOOKING TO BUY, SELL AND TRADE. IM SERIOUSLY HOPING TO HEAR FROM YOU PLEASE !!
Thank You.....
Old 08-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
WHO OF YOU ARE TODAYS CENTURI KIT COLLECTORS ? MOST I KNEW HAVE DISAPPEARED, OR CROAKED. PLEASE CONTACT ME. LETS TALK SHOP. IM LOOKING TO BUY, SELL AND TRADE. IM SERIOUSLY HOPING TO HEAR FROM YOU PLEASE !!
Thank You.....

Sold 99% of my Centuri collection over a year ago. I still have to much in the way of Kits, open Kits parts,Catalogs and other collectible stuff. my problem is with having MS and a heart condition, I do not have the energy to sell, pack or ship 1-z 2-z on Ebay. so unless someone wants to come to south Florida with a truck and cash in their hand. I guess my Kids will donate this stuff to the Vets or it might end up in the dump. they both do not have interest and a lack of time . I also have 50 years + of built models = 200 + I cannot enjoy them any more so I wont
cry to see them go.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:04 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Miller
Sold 99% of my Centuri collection over a year ago. I still have to much in the way of Kits, open Kits parts,Catalogs and other collectible stuff. my problem is with having MS and a heart condition, I do not have the energy to sell, pack or ship 1-z 2-z on Ebay. so unless someone wants to come to south Florida with a truck and cash in their hand. I guess my Kids will donate this stuff to the Vets or it might end up in the dump. they both do not have interest and a lack of time . I also have 50 years + of built models = 200 + I cannot enjoy them any more so I wont
cry to see them go.

Sorry Neal for your challenges there; I know you have spoken of them before.

Maybe you can throw together a few somewhat decent-sized boxes full of ‘stuff’, maybe one for parts, one for open kits, and one for catalogs/paperwork, and list each as a ‘lot’ on eBay, you might could move out most of what you have left for maybe just 2-3 shipments and one trip to the PO. But even doing that may be too much; only you can judge that, certainly.

Just a few items left for me to snag: a Visible Astro kit, the cutaway engine plastic display item (both from the 1971 catalog) and that rocketeer’s tool kit in vinyl slipcase.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 08-24-2020, 05:14 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Miller
cry to see them go.

Wow. You sound like me. I’m disabled with fibromyalgia for 30 years now. The pain is so excruciating I cannot sell either without beating myself totally down. Until we can talk, please don’t toss anything ! I want to know what you have. I can find ways to ship etc. please write me !! Direct. dannyo@carolina.rr.com.
I’d appreciate that,,, what do you have ? Dan.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:15 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Sorry Neal for your challenges there; I know you have spoken of them before.

Maybe you can throw together a few somewhat decent-sized boxes full of ‘stuff’, maybe one for parts, one for open kits, and one for catalogs/paperwork, and list each as a ‘lot’ on eBay, you might could move out most of what you have left for maybe just 2-3 shipments and one trip to the PO. But even doing that may be too much; only you can judge that, certainly.

Just a few items left for me to snag: a Visible Astro kit, the cutaway engine plastic display item (both from the 1971 catalog) and that rocketeer’s tool kit in vinyl slipcase.

Earl

Earl, can you help me find certain Centuri kits, parts please ? Dan.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:32 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
Earl, can you help me find certain Centuri kits, parts please ? Dan.

My main and primary source is public access: eBay. Just keep an eye out there; it just takes time waiting.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 08-24-2020, 05:35 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
My main and primary source is public access: eBay. Just keep an eye out there; it just takes time waiting.

Earl

I dig. Problem is, I’ve spent thousands this year. I’m spent out except hopefully, for lot deals, and help from folk . I miss many items being disabled. Sadly, I cannot pay auction prices now. Plus I was hoping to trade....
Old 08-24-2020, 08:55 PM
Aggressor Aerospace

I collect what I can, but not because I flew all that many Centuri kits. I entered the hobby in 1979 and only flew a handful of Centuri models before Centuri was gone. I have a handful of Centuri kits and Semroc clones in my collection - always looking for something cool!
Old 08-25-2020, 01:26 PM
Master Modeler

I did not even know Centuri existed until a hobby shop came to town in 1979 one year before I graduated from high school. The Satellite 62SL was the only Centuri kit I build back then. I am mostly Estes but I do buy a Centuri kits here and there ... and many SEMROC kits with a Centuri influence. I did buy Gordy's Black Widow kit when the price went down to add to my stash.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:38 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Centuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott6060842
I did not even know Centuri existed until a hobby shop came to town in 1979 one year before I graduated from high school. The Satellite 62SL was the only Centuri kit I build back then. I am mostly Estes but I do buy a Centuri kits here and there ... and many SEMROC kits with a Centuri influence. I did buy Gordy's Black Widow kit when the price went down to add to my stash.

My situation Snow Balled for me. I sold off all my Centuri kits a couple years ago. This year, I ran across one, then another, and another. Now I have Every old Centuri scale kits but 4, plus today I got a 1970-71 SK-101 Starter Set. I suddenly have a box Full
of them again,,, and it feels good. I have all the Estes ones I wanted, so it was an alternative to refind Centuri kits again. I really love them both, tho I was always an Estes guy. I’d appreciate any help in find more Centuri from anyone. Oh, I need a Javelin, too.
Dan.

Last edited by dannymrmissile : 08-28-2020 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Typo