Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Apollo Nut

Default eBay Deals

This thread has been started to offer a venue for posting information relative to 'good' or interesting eBay deals, as opposed to the ongoing eBay 'silliness' thread.

To wit....

For those Battlestar Galactica fans out there or just general Estes collectors, here's a link to what is about the lowest price I've seen for the vintage Battlestar Galactica Laser Torpedo, boxed and sealed. Buy-It-Now price of $13.59, plus shipping of $6.00.

They state they have a quantity of 10 on hand. These come up on a fairly regular basis, but this is the cheapest I've ever seen them go for.

Not my listing nor do I know the lister.

Earl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-...=item51b0f49fe6
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 09-15-2013, 10:47 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
This thread has been started to offer a venue for posting information relative to 'good' or interesting eBay deals, as opposed to the ongoing eBay 'silliness' thread.

To wit....

For those Battlestar Galactica fans out there or just general Estes collectors, here's a link to what is about the lowest price I've seen for the vintage Battlestar Galactica Laser Torpedo, boxed and sealed. Buy-It-Now price of $13.59, plus shipping of $6.00.

They state they have a quantity of 10 on hand. These come up on a fairly regular basis, but this is the cheapest I've ever seen them go for.

Earl

Thanks, Earl! I treated myself to one. It's still technically a birthday present for fourteen more minutes.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 09-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Master Modeler

I got one too dag-nabbit... I'll just consider myself celebrating Bill's Birthday as well.

NAR #32070
Old 09-16-2013, 05:11 AM
Master Modeler

Louie is back ... I missed the $65 Saros 's but picked up a Multi-roc for $25

http://www.ebay.com/sch/2010louie/m...=p2047675.l2562
Old 09-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott6060842
Louie is back ... I missed the $65 Saros 's but picked up a Multi-roc for $25

http://www.ebay.com/sch/2010louie/m...=p2047675.l2562

Over the last 5-6 months off and on 'Louie' has had some great deals on essentially mint vintage Estes kits, most from the 1970s. I lean more heavily to the Centuri kit collecting side of the house, but some of his deals have been too good to pass up, especially the $45 Honest Johns and similarly priced LTV Scouts. A week or so ago he had $85 mint two stage Omegas and though I really didn't need a third one, I picked up one of his. He had $45 Farsides several months ago as well.

He must be liquidating an old hobby shop or distributor's stock from the latter 1970s that has been kept in storage all these years. Most every item he sells are in quantities of 4-5 at least, and some he has as many as 10 or more. All that I have purchased appears to never have even been hung by the hang tag and no price tags have ever been applied to them.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 09-16-2013, 12:08 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Thanks, Earl! I treated myself to one. It's still technically a birthday present for fourteen more minutes.

Why not celebrate your birthmonth?

Bill - gift certificates from vendors gladly accepted

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 09-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:

To wit....

Earl

I already have one, but I wanted to keep it NIB for display. I grabbed one of these to build, even though I could clone it fairly easily. I just didn't want to fool with turning the nose cone. The seller was very quick to get it to me and even refunded me a couple bucks on shipping.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I already have one, but I wanted to keep it NIB for display. I grabbed one of these to build, even though I could clone it fairly easily. I just didn't want to fool with turning the nose cone. The seller was very quick to get it to me and even refunded me a couple bucks on shipping.

Well, looks like these are all cleaned out now.

The lister is probably really scratching their heads (or thinking they have all of a sudden become a marketing genius) to have all 10 of these go so quickly, depending on how long they've been listed. I think they had been listed for a while.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 09-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Apollo Nut

Default Centuri Buck Rogers Marauder Kit

These folks have listed Centuri Buck Rogers kits for quite some time (years), but this a about the cheapest I've seen them run on the Marauder kit. About $19.

Not many left and sale ends in a few days apparently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Cen...=item4612f5e27c

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 09-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
These folks have listed Centuri Buck Rogers kits for quite some time (years), but this a about the cheapest I've seen them run on the Marauder kit. About $19.

Not many left and sale ends in a few days apparently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Cen...=item4612f5e27c

Earl

If Pamela Hensley was included, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!