Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > 3D Printing Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Master Modeler

Timorley, have been following this thread and all the 3D threads. I have a great like for the Saturn 1B. I just received a 3D printer of my own and have already started printing Scott Mills BT-60 Saturn V. His Saturn 1B will be next. I was wondering if you could let me know what size body tubes you have been using and their lengths to build with? I would like to build a series or the Saturn 1B.

I wish I had the skills to draw the different nose cones for all the Saturn 1b in this scale but I don't. I'm hoping Scott will find the time to do these nose cones. Please keep this thread updated as much as you can Timorley. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Thumbs up

You've based it off a BT-60?
Isn't that same size of the Dr. Zooch Saturn IB?
Thats awesome!
Any chance you'd sell a copy?
Old 09-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Master Modeler

You're right yaciel1993 it's using a BT-60 for the mane body tube. Scotts Saturn V and Saturn 1B download parts are at a 1/156 scale. Dr. Zooch is more an eyeball scale. You can see Scott download here. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3541389 and https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2958861

I'm sorry it's Scott design I can't sell a copy. You might contact Scott he might sell you a copy.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:53 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Would happen to have his email by any chance?
Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Master Modeler

yacial1993 Scott Mills is a member of this forum you could privet message him here.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:49 PM
Craftsman

Well I've come back around to rockets again, and I've now finished another piece for this set. I made the lower wrap as a printable that goes around the bt60. Just need a couple of drops of super glue to hold it in place. It includes a launch lug printed onto it. Ialso redid the fin can add I was unhappy how the driving printed out. TIM I'm very curious how the bt4 and conglomerate body tube worked out. As for me I'm planning on doing a sort of hybrid between dr zooch and printed carsd0stock body tube wraps glued together in half pipes in a cloverleaf around a bt20 core. Tim i was thinking that maybe a length of bt19 would work as an upper glue core i will have to see the fit in cad to see if it works. For pieces yacial1993 never messaged me, but I am open to sending a set at a Very reasonable price. If you are in the western US this summer I will be attending LDRS, I AM planning to offer advice and education to anyone interested in 3d P.
Old 07-04-2021, 10:58 AM
Master Modeler

Glad to see you back Scott. Your talent is needed in the Saturn 1B area. The scale of your 3D parts for this Saturn 1B is in the same scale neighborhood of the old Dr. Zooch Saturn 1Bs. With your skill at 3D drawing, it would be neet if you drew the STL file for the whole Saturn Family in this same scale. Now that the Dr.Zooch Saturns are gone this would be great for the flying rocket community. All you would have to draw would be a Fin Can with the square fins and the shorter transition and a few different nose cones and the whole Saturn 1B family could be built. I know if I had your talent this is what I would like to do.

What do you say? Will you give it a thought?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Saturn_Rockets_RK2013.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  67.6 KB  
Old 07-05-2021, 01:26 AM
Craftsman

Yeah that seems pretty easy to do, do you have any more pics other than this one. I can do it off these, but I would prefer a little more detail if possible. Do you know of they are in "rockets of the world", I haven't looked yet.
Old 07-05-2021, 08:48 AM
Master Modeler

Hi Scott,

If you could do this it would be great.
Yes, these rockets are in Rocket of The World. They are on pages 274 through 285.
Just having the fin can with the square fins for the SA-6 and7 be great. I haven't seen one of these for 3D printing. If you put them up on Thingiverse I'll be glad to tip you.

Thanks in advance.