Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2021, 05:13 PM
Manufacturer

Default AeroTech at NSL 2021!

Join us at NSL 2021 in Alamosa, CO over Memorial Day weekend, the first big NAR launch event in over a year! We'll be demo flying some cool and exciting new stuff!!

AeroTech Consumer Aerospace
Division of RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc.
2113 W 850 N
Cedar City, UT 84721
435-865-7100 (Ph)
435-865-7120 (Fax)
http://www.aerotech-quest.com
http://www.rocketmotorparts.com.com
http://www.specificimpulse.com
Old 04-19-2021, 06:17 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Looking forward to it! It is snowing AGAIN today in Colorado, but I think it will be nice by the end of May!

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 05-19-2021, 06:31 AM
Aggressor Aerospace

This seems like as good as any place to start this discussion:

Who is going to NSL 2021? I plan to attend only one day - probably Saturday. However, I'll keep an eye on the weather report and decide closer to the event. Would love to meet some fellow YORFers (YORFites? YORFaholics?). Look for a dark blue 4Runner, Colorado plates! My apologies if there are 36 dark blue 4Runners at the event!
Old 05-19-2021, 06:01 PM
Master Modeler

I'm going, since it's only a 2+ hour drive for me.

I will be bringing out a brand new 2.6 upscaled version of the Double Ringer I designed for Estes. I will also have a couple of piggy back 2.25 upscale versions of the Manta glider I designed for Estes as well. I also clean off the dust, installed a new flight battery and performed a couple of test flights with my very old Delta Star Rocket Glider. Back in the day I flew it on G38 motors, now I may just stick with Estes F15-0 engines. Way less exiting but still fun to fly.

John Boren
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  NSL 1.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  333.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  NSL 2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  387.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  NSL 3.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  348.1 KB  

Last edited by JumpJet : 05-19-2021 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:13 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognbuff
This seems like as good as any place to start this discussion:

Who is going to NSL 2021? I plan to attend only one day - probably Saturday. However, I'll keep an eye on the weather report and decide closer to the event. Would love to meet some fellow YORFers (YORFites? YORFaholics?). Look for a dark blue 4Runner, Colorado plates! My apologies if there are 36 dark blue 4Runners at the event!

My wife and I will be there. We will be there all weekend, getting into town some time Friday afternoon and leaving for my Dad's house in Santa Fe on Tuesday morning.

Dark grey 2013 Mazda 3 hatchback with Washington plates.

I'm planning to bring the 256% upscale Nova Payloader. Will also have the LOC "Park Flyer" IRIS I bought from Chris' Rocket Supplies at NSL in Alamogordo to fly, plus an array of my usual LPR and MPRs. I built a new Vagabond to replace the one lost to CATO a couple of years ago. Avis is has built and is painting a new Big Bertha in Carlsbad (NM) Caveman colors to fly alongside my Shiprock Chieftains BB (again, as at NSL in Alamogordo). She also has her much flown Hex-3 built from the kit that John Boren gave her there.

I'm sure we'll have way more things to fly than we'll have time to fly.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE

Last edited by BEC : 05-19-2021 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:01 PM
Scale Modeler Extrodinare

I'll be there all three days. I'm bringing my 10" diameter Saturn V that I did my L3 cert with (M1297), along with a recently completed Apogee Saturn V with a 38mm mount (and a bunch of other stuff).
White Ford Van, Washington plates, says "td racing" and "td properties" on the side.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:22 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

My wife and I will be attending the entire weekend. Also joining us will be Alabama transplant Roy Houchin, who many of you know. If you do not know Roy, he authored the Dyna-Soar book available at ARA Press. (No, Roy did not ask me to advertise for him ... but I highly recommend the book! )

We will be in a dark blue late model Honda Pilot, and we have a blue easy-up canopy.

Looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting some new ones, hopefully discovering some people I only know by screen name!

I’ll be flying a 3x29mm scratch-built Ultraviolet III on Estes F15s, some upscales like a Super Sky Hook, maybe my scratch-built Super Orbital Transport (which I first flew at NSL-2017 in Alamogordo).

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp