Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > RockSim Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharding58
There has to be more to the foloder issue than the parts database. I downloaded the 114 update through a running version of Rocksim 9 and after downloading the splash is paresented regarding the updater will process when the app closes. Nothing happens after the app closes. When you start Rocksim 9 once more the previous version is still there...

What I usually do is just DL the file, then move it to a new location before running it. When it runs, it over-writes everything in the data folders (including the update folder).

Once I do run the file, I'll have it create a new instance of the package based on the build number, and I generally keep the last-known-good installation intact. I'll make my data file corrections before running the program the first time, and I'll check to make sure all the icon pointers are set to the new build.

Not as difficult as it sounds, really. It preserves a working copy while I check out the new build.

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 PM
The_Ripper

Opened RockSim tonight looking for my Mach-1 Dart files to post to an earlier thread and found RockSim Update to version 9.1.3f142

Not sure how long that's been hanging out there but installed it and seems to be working fine.

Notes associated with this build:

Changes for version 9.1.3f142
Changed the Mac OS X installer to make drag and drop installation easier.
Fixed a calculation error on tube fin CP. RockSim was predicting CP values that were too far forward.
Fixed a 2D drawing error on tube fins. The tubes were not being rotated in the top view.
Updated libraries to support Windows 8.
Longitude and latitude values are now saved with sufficient precision.
Fixed a bug in Reset Camera processing. The position of the camera was sometimes wrong or the program would crash.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

The last update I had on my computer was 118, and I'm not able to install it on my Mint 14 machine right now. It's throwing up a "pixel format" error under Wine.

It's been so long since I've used RockSim...

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

It's been a LONG TIME since I last did anything with RockSim, I've nearly forgotten how to work with it...

Since I'm a Linuxhead, I had to update my Wine installation to 1.5.26. This was a real PITA for some reason, the repositories didn't want to be found the first couple of times.

Next, I had to download the RockSim DEMO from the website to get the latest version. Good thing I did, it's now up to V 9.1.4 build 145.

This now works, and once I pointed it to the license file, it became a registered product. They use the same executable for both the demo and the paid versions...

Just wish this quad-core machine could apply all four cores to the 3D rendering. It's still grass-growing slow...

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
It's been a LONG TIME since I last did anything with RockSim, I've nearly forgotten how to work with it...

Since I'm a Linuxhead, I had to update my Wine installation to 1.5.26. This was a real PITA for some reason, the repositories didn't want to be found the first couple of times.

Next, I had to download the RockSim DEMO from the website to get the latest version. Good thing I did, it's now up to V 9.1.4 build 145.

This now works, and once I pointed it to the license file, it became a registered product. They use the same executable for both the demo and the paid versions...

Just wish this quad-core machine could apply all four cores to the 3D rendering. It's still grass-growing slow...

I need to open RockSim and grab that latest version update. I must admit I haven't spent much time in the program either and have a few designs that I was working on a few months ago but haven't spent the time to finish

I have a Nike-Ram Plus that I started designing with a larger payload section sort of a cross between the Nike-Ram and the EnerJet 1340/20 and began tweaking a Sonic 36 clone that I have renewed interest in and I started construction on that model now that new E and F black powder engines are coming from Estes.

Most of my posts are from my iPad lately and I never seem to get near my home PC and RockSim these days ... although I try.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw

I gave up on Wine a while back and just started using Virtualbox and WinXP. I had a couple of programs I never could get to run on Wine and since I only use them once in a blue moon, firing up a virtual machine isn't a big deal.