Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-02-2009, 05:32 PM
kurtschachner's Avatar
kurtschachner kurtschachner is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Southeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,237
Default Airborne Surveillance Missile

In the Yankee thread the decals for the Estes Airborne Surveillance Missile were mentioned. Here is a redraw of that decal sheet.

They're white again, so these are in black for an Alps printer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ASM decal.pdf (107.9 KB, 160 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-02-2009, 07:47 PM
sandman's Avatar
sandman sandman is offline
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Way North of Detroit
Posts: 4,868
Default

I had them ready to print this afternoon but I had orders to fill.

Whenever somebody wants a decal I try to accomodate but if I'm a few hours late getting it finished someone else has it and sends it out.

So should I just let you guys do this and I'll stop?

No wonder Phred didn't want the business.
__________________
"I'm a sandman. I've never killed anyone. I terminate runners when their time is up." Logan from "Logan's Run"

http://sandmandecals.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
kurtschachner's Avatar
kurtschachner kurtschachner is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Southeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,237
Default

What are you talking about? The fact that I posted the PDF file?

What I post is generally for my own benefit first, and then I just make it available for those who wish to print their own. It is my opinion that people who print their own decals are a relative minority, especially when it involves a white decal like this one.

What you do is entirely different. Most folks either don't care to print their own decals or don't have the means to do so. You fill that need. And, like I've told you several times before you're free to snag any and all artwork I post to use as your own. If I ever intended my artwork to be restricted in its use I'd never have started posting it to public bulletin boards 12 years ago.

I don't post decals I post artwork. I have no intention of selling decals either. It's too much work.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
I had them ready to print this afternoon but I had orders to fill.

Whenever somebody wants a decal I try to accomodate but if I'm a few hours late getting it finished someone else has it and sends it out.

So should I just let you guys do this and I'll stop?

No wonder Phred didn't want the business.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 PM
sandman's Avatar
sandman sandman is offline
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Way North of Detroit
Posts: 4,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtschachner
What are you talking about? The fact that I posted the PDF file?

What I post is generally for my own benefit first, and then I just make it available for those who wish to print their own. It is my opinion that people who print their own decals are a relative minority, especially when it involves a white decal like this one.

What you do is entirely different. Most folks either don't care to print their own decals or don't have the means to do so. You fill that need. And, like I've told you several times before you're free to snag any and all artwork I post to use as your own. If I ever intended my artwork to be restricted in its use I'd never have started posting it to public bulletin boards 12 years ago.

I don't post decals I post artwork. I have no intention of selling decals either. It's too much work.


Just having a really bad day, sorry.

Keep it up, Kurt, I appreciate your efforts.

I just added it to my site.
__________________
"I'm a sandman. I've never killed anyone. I terminate runners when their time is up." Logan from "Logan's Run"

http://sandmandecals.com/

Last edited by sandman : 12-03-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
kurtschachner's Avatar
kurtschachner kurtschachner is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Southeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,237
Default

Actually no, I'm sorry. My reply came off pretty mean and I apologize.

Lately I've been doing a bit more drawing because since Monday I'm unemployed. After 13 years our little airline was bought out and the new airline eliminated about 200 jobs company wide, including everybody in maintenance & engineering where I worked. Plus all the pilots and flight attendants. I do get four months severance which is a good thing but that won't last forever obviously.

I just like drawing, and like a boss of mine once said, it's therapy. But I also know you have a business to run.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2009, 02:09 PM
PaulK's Avatar
PaulK PaulK is offline
BAR
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 1,250
Default

Holy cow Kurt, thats a bummer. So much for the best care in the air.

Sandman, don't stop the Excelsior business, we need you! The decals are far superior to what I can do on my ink jet. The only decals I do myself are really simple things.
__________________
Paul
If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane - Jimmy Buffett
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Pem Tech's Avatar
Pem Tech Pem Tech is offline
Retromaniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
Holy cow Kurt, thats a bummer. So much for the best care in the air.

Sandman, don't stop the Excelsior business, we need you! The decals are far superior to what I can do on my ink jet. The only decals I do myself are really simple things.



I second that emotion on both counts...
__________________
Layne Pemberton NAR# 83083
Mad Scientist, Minion and Owner
PembertonTechnologies.com
P.O. Box 250760
North Little Rock AR, 72225

L1 on Pem-Tech Space Ark
at NSL2007

pem_tech (at) Yahoo (dot) com
TRF (at) pembertontechnologies (dot) com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 PM
sandman's Avatar
sandman sandman is offline
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Way North of Detroit
Posts: 4,868
Default

Kurt, actually I own my own business (other than the decal business) and for the last year I have to work every day and I haven't recieved a paycheck.

I'd rather be unemployed. At least I could get paid something!

So the decals are the only things generating any income.
__________________
"I'm a sandman. I've never killed anyone. I terminate runners when their time is up." Logan from "Logan's Run"

http://sandmandecals.com/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Green Dragon Green Dragon is offline
AL Swackhammer , power freak
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,204
Default

Sorry to hear about both Kurt and Gordys situation - I know this one, my own business has been faltering all year, almost had to close the doors mid summer, but I'm scraping along at half pay

Not much for rockets / play money, but will send what I can ( after all, I am the one asked for these decals

~ AL

ps: Gordy, still another one I need two sets of is the mini shuttle, I think Phred was working on those, as it's somewhat goony-ish. but not sure... just checked and not on your site.
order soon .
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2009, 09:33 PM
zog139 zog139 is offline
Rocketry is Fun.... Darn It !
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 195
Default

Gordon I've been going to friends within my club for years and years to help with scale models and clone models. I ordered quite a few from Excelsior pre Michigan. As was mentioned before, no one is out to take your customers otherwise they would be advertising what they would sell etc. Decals do take a lot of work to get just right. My .02 is to remind you to provide good service, a quality product and above all else stay away from any negativity.

What about the other half of your operation ? I've wanted one of your big LJ-2 kits for a while now and have asked you about it a few times. I'm sure not ordering from another vendor that will go nameless yet easily identified by ..... wait for it ...... ah you guessed it ! Negativity ! !
__________________
Jim Filler
NARHAMS # 139
NAR CB - RCPC

Last edited by zog139 : 12-03-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2020