Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2023, 06:43 PM
Craftsman

Default Estes Centuri 3232

For some reason, I've never really been interested in the Estes Centuri 3232 kit, but I started thinking about it in a different way this morning, and realized I'd like to clone it. Would just buy one, but it's out of production. The NC/nozzle is no biggy, have a few on hand already. I can print the transition. But I need the fin shapes and a decal scan. I checked Rocketshoppe, JimZ, and K'Tesh's OR files, and it's not in any of those. Just wondering if anyone here has one they can scan.
Old 10-15-2023, 06:56 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarYellow
For some reason, I've never really been interested in the Estes Centuri 3232 kit, but I started thinking about it in a different way this morning, and realized I'd like to clone it. Would just buy one, but it's out of production. The NC/nozzle is no biggy, have a few on hand already. I can print the transition. But I need the fin shapes and a decal scan. I checked Rocketshoppe, JimZ, and K'Tesh's OR files, and it's not in any of those. Just wondering if anyone here has one they can scan.

They pop up on eBay pretty regularly; unless you just want the challenge of cloning one.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 10-15-2023, 07:13 PM
Sometimes collector

I think Lee Piester of Centuri owns Hobbybench, and there is one there: https://hobbybenchstores.com/produc...turi-rocket-kit
Old 10-15-2023, 09:21 PM
Craftsman

It’s not the challenge of cloning it that’s interesting. It’s the challenge of making it a 29/24 powered composite airstart with dual deploy on both stages and GPS tracking for the sustainer. So I really just need the fin and decal scans. I might get it from Hobby Bench, so thanks for that tip. It would be cool to get the basis of the project from Lee.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:54 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarYellow
It’s not the challenge of cloning it that’s interesting. It’s the challenge of making it a 29/24 powered composite airstart with dual deploy on both stages and GPS tracking for the sustainer. So I really just need the fin and decal scans. I might get it from Hobby Bench, so thanks for that tip. It would be cool to get the basis of the project from Lee.

Lee Piester had nothing to do with this model. It was named 'Centuri' as a homage to the company.
Old 10-16-2023, 10:12 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
Lee Piester had nothing to do with this model. It was named 'Centuri' as a homage to the company.

Understood, and the cynical part of my brain contemplates that they may have just needed some way to ping renewal of the Centuri trademark. But I still have an appreciation for what Mr. Piester did with Centuri, and kinda like tying his business into the project in some small way. Over recent months, I've kinda gotten into some of the early Centuri designs like the Micron and Astro-1, and I like the roll pattern designs that are the main part of the homage element in the Estes kit.

But I'll shake the tree for scan data and even a fleabay kit for a little while before I throw that money at it.
Old 10-24-2023, 08:08 PM
Apollo Nut

If you are still looking, here is one on eBay.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2352687367...ABk9SR8Lq-MXsYg

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 11-21-2023, 10:03 PM
Craftsman

Estes is listing it for sale on their site. I may buy one later this week if they have a good discount.