Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Doctor is In! > Ask the Doctor
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Exclamation URGENT! Help Needed for Girl Scout Rocket Project!

I posted this under the "Current Kit" discussion. I apologize for the double-post and wouldn't do it otherwise but this is an emergency.

I am going to assemble 10 Estes Bullpup 12D #1972 kits with a bunch of Girl Scouts this week. My daughter and I assembled a test rocket last night and she got it together with little help from me.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM:

There are no engine clips! I mean, none in the instructions, none with the kits, none anywhere. We are going to do a test flight this afternoon but I can tell that without a clip, the engine is going to blow out of the back of the rocket (or fall out) as soon as the boost propellant is exausted.

I found the instructions at the link below. It looks like Estes re-released an old kit as the instructions are identical.

Bull Pup 12D Plans

Hopefully, I can buy some engine clips and retainer rings for the kits by this Thursday's meeting.

I was expecting engine mounting like what's described in these plans below: Estes Polaris Instructions:

Can anybody tell me what the heck happened with this kit? Any input is appreciated, thanks.