Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Cardstock Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2020, 06:34 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Seeking old FlisKits Card Rocket plans

Amid this stay at home requirement, I’ve found a few kids who went almost crazy over a couple of cheap delta kites we flew over the last couple weekends. I’m pretty sure a couple of front yard card rockets will put them over the edge. I know the success I’ve had with a few of the card rockets off of the (old) FlisKits website. Unfortunately, I discovered that the current FlisKits website doesn’t have the links to the Midnight Express or the Caution ??? rocket patterns. If the sharing of those isn’t allowed, I understand....Maybe Jim is watching and might be willing to share? I’m just looking to build a few that if land out of recoverable area won’t matter,

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2020, 07:37 PM
BP Mafia

www.nar.org/images/papertig.gif This is the only one of several that I knew of that I could still find.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 05-04-2020, 07:43 PM
Sometimes collector

Here is a link from the internet archive,

If you are on a computer try right clicking the links and choosing save target as...

https://web.archive.org/web/2017011.../free_stuff.htm

I hope that helps
Old 05-04-2020, 07:44 PM
BP Mafia

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 05-04-2020, 07:45 PM
BP Mafia

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 05-04-2020, 07:47 PM
Sometimes collector

There are some great saucer paper rockets her from Art Applewhite:

http://www.artapplewhite.com/free.html

Just accept the terms that you won’t sell them and there are a lot of nice models.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:25 PM
Cardstock Designer

Default How About a Stomp Rocket?

Make sure when you print the PDF: 100% scale (Don't use fit to page they won't work)
Index Cardstock works: 90# [163 gsm] or 110# [198 gsm] the 90lb is easier to work with, easier to get to much glue and warp it is the issue.

Instructions and PDF Rocket to print at home and make. The Launcher PDF shows how easy it is to make the launcher.

This little rocket will surprise you on how high it flies.

18-month are old enough and can launch their own rocket. Just like the 3-y/o big brother. Talk about giggle!

Please make sure you use a really long launch barrel, no kids tall enough to bend over it.

For school science classes, I've been invited back....One of the things I do is hold up the soda bottle and ask a stupid question, " Is this full or empty?". The look on the faces is priceless!

End of class and always have to ask the same stupid question again.

The nosecone is designed to act as a shock absorber. There is a gray line around the top of the rocket. Only push the nosecone on to this line.

When it hits the ground, the air is forced out and the rocket survives without damage. The nosecone works for several landings till it is torn. It gets smashed up good, but if you pull it off the rocket, you can put back into shape. Re-install to the line and launch.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PVC -Launcher2011.pdf (102.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: pdf Alt Rocket-Experimenter Pack Instructions.pdf (766.6 KB, 53 views)