Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Default Two Special anouncement from Excelsior!

First
Excelsior Rocketry has been working on developing a new website for the past couple of weeks, and we are now happy to announce the website is available for user testing!

You are welcome to go to the new site at its TEMPORARY address to check the functionality and layout. You can create accounts there where you will be able to view your orders and track their progress. You can put together an order if you wish. But you CANNOT at this time actually place an order and pay for it with PayPal.

If you wish to make a purchase you will still have to go to the old web site for that.

Please take a few minutes to look around the site and offer comments. We look forward to your feedback!

Temporary URL for Excelsior Rocketry:

http://ehub26.webhostinghub.com/~sp...orrocketry.com/

Second,

Excelsior recently acquired the Estes Fliskit and SEMROC inventory from Commonwealth display.

The kits will be sold at very very deep discounts!
There is a lot of work for me to do pricing and inventorying 800 plus kits!

As soon as I'm able those kits will be added to the new site.

Thank you.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 PM
BP Mafia

Uh-oh. I should have read the whole thing before trying to place an order and pay for it.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 02-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Master Modeler

I like the site organization. The addition of the search feature is welcome, and I am sure that going from a list format to an item format makes your management of the product that much easier. Also the creation of a user account will be interesting, also the addition of payment alternatives to PayPal which will no doubt be a plus.

About the only suggestion would be to offer the grid versus list format option to the user with the number to display, and to elevate the classic waterslide decals to the same category level as the custom decals.

Otherwise I think the format should provide a very easyily navigable site.
"The complexity of living is eminently favored to the simplicity of not."
Old 02-07-2012, 05:21 AM
UF grad deep in enemy territory

And didn't you have the Thrustline Arapaho E decals somewhere? Can't seem to find those.

John
Old 02-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoLaw
And didn't you have the Thrustline Arapaho E decals somewhere? Can't seem to find those.

John

Go to the Search bar (at the top right) and type in Arapahoe. The decal is in Home->Custom Decals->Classic Waterslide Decals->Other Decal Sets->Arapahoe E
NAR #90990
Semroc SAM #083

BAR Since 2008
Enjoying model rocketry since 1977.
The Spotted Dragon
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old 02-07-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Uh-oh. I should have read the whole thing before trying to place an order and pay for it.

Oh, Bill.

That's OK, we can fix it!

Send me a list of what you ordered and I can get your decals out right away.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Craftsman

The new site looks great! The only thing I noticed is when viewing items with Chrome the "Add to my wishlist" button does not appear correct. In Internet Explorer the text is scaled to fit inside the button like I am sure it is supposed to. That is the only thing I noticed and it is just cosmetic...

Few items left in the build queue and then I am gonna have to get started on some stuff so I can order a few sets from ya.
NAR #93503
MASA section 576
SAM #0316
Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Master Modeler

I'm helping Sandman with his website. Answers to some questions/suggestions below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharding58
About the only suggestion would be to offer the grid versus list format option to the user with the number to display, and to elevate the classic waterslide decals to the same category level as the custom decals.

Grid is not a available option with the standard shopping cart software unfortunately.
There is a module that adds this functionality and I'm looking at it, but there's an
additional cost for that. I'm looking for a free way to do it

I did move the Classic Waterslide Decals to the main list and put it under Custom Decals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.M.Knox
The only thing I noticed is when viewing items with Chrome the "Add to my wishlist" button does not appear correct. In Internet Explorer the text is scaled to fit inside the button like I am sure it is supposed to. That is the only thing I noticed and it is just cosmetic...

I don't use chrome but I do have it installed at home. I'll have to check it out when I
get home and see if I can replicate what you're seeing. I'm not sure there's anything
I can do to fix that issue, though.

Thanks for checking out the website everyone. Additional comments and suggestions
are welcome.

NAR #90990
Semroc SAM #083

BAR Since 2008
Enjoying model rocketry since 1977.
The Spotted Dragon
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old 02-07-2012, 03:29 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
Oh, Bill.

That's OK, we can fix it!

Send me a list of what you ordered and I can get your decals out right away.

No hurry. I was just excited to be able to access the site from work. I couldn't with the old site because it was firewalled. I ordered the Fat Max, Estes Sentinel, Estes Skybolt and Estes Defender. The price came out to $40, so I sent it to you at gagnello@yahoo.com when the PayPal went skitzy on me. Let me know if a) you get the money, and b) if the price is correct.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 02-07-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
No hurry. I was just excited to be able to access the site from work. I couldn't with the old site because it was firewalled. I ordered the Fat Max, Estes Sentinel, Estes Skybolt and Estes Defender. The price came out to $40, so I sent it to you at gagnello@yahoo.com when the PayPal went skitzy on me. Let me know if a) you get the money, and b) if the price is correct.

I got the money, Paypal or the site added a $5 service charge, so I refunded that, printed the decals and shipped them about 3 hours ago.

Thanks!