Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Master Modeler

Default NSL2013 Information

I just wanted to let everyone know that the www.nsl2013.org website is up and running in case you are interested in attending this years event.

The one thing some of you might be interested in is I've arranged to have hundreds of old Estes show models available for people to view before and after the Saturday Night Banquet. Some of these model date back 40 years with the Cameroc Two stage model as just one example. I'll even have some of the new stuff I've designed these past couple years there for all to see as well. I'm sure I'll be able to dig up some other Old Estes stuff to show as well.

For the top place finishers in the classic model event I'll have some special stuff as prizes. Did I mentioned I will be judging this event. Bribes are allowed

John Boren
Estes R&D
Old 01-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
I just wanted to let everyone know that the www.nsl2013.org website is up and running in case you are interested in attending this years event.

The one thing some of you might be interested in is I've arranged to have hundreds of old Estes show models available for people to view before and after the Saturday Night Banquet. Some of these model date back 40 years with the Cameroc Two stage model as just one example. I'll even have some of the new stuff I've designed these past couple years there for all to see as well. I'm sure I'll be able to dig up some other Old Estes stuff to show as well.

For the top place finishers in the classic model event I'll have some special stuff as prizes. Did I mentioned I will be judging this event. Bribes are allowed

John Boren
Estes R&D

Man that sound fantastic!

Sure wish I could go...OK, maybe...let me look into it.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Quote:

John Boren
Estes R&D

John,

This is fantastic!

I was already beginning to make plans to attend the NSL and this is just some additional incentive to attend the event!

Thank you for going to the effort of making these models available for folks to view.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:35 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

I will have funds this year, time this year, and should have a good car this year for both NSL and NARAM. Need to make at least one pilgrimage to Penrose.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Bribes are allowed
What kinda beer do you like?

Doug

YORF member #11
Old 01-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Dazed and Confused

I so wish I could retire. I absolutely can not take time off in May or late July/August.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
What kinda beer do you like?

COLD Beer.

John Boren

Last edited by JumpJet : 01-13-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Master Modeler

Default Update for NSL2013

We still need to update the NSL2013 website about the banquet but I thought I would pass this for now.

Bill Stine will be presenting a talk about his dads company Model Missiles Inc. He will also try to bring a few artifacts to display. I for one know very little about Model Missiles and look forward to learning about what I believe was the first model rocket company in the US.

Vern Estes will be presenting a talk as well. I could tell you what it was going to be about but what fun would that be.

John Boren
Old 01-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Vern Estes will be presenting a talk as well. I could tell you what it was going to be about but what fun would that be.

I hope somebody videos every talk that Mr. Estes and Mr. Piester make at these events and makes them available at some point. I have at least 10 years to go before I can retire. Of course, they will still be going strong and I'll be the one that can't get my Hoverround wired to launch a cluster.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Master Modeler

Good heavens, John, you're really tempting me!
AMA 42160
KG7AIE