Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > WOOSH - Wisconsin Organization of Spacemodeling Hobbyists > WOOSH News
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Craftsman

WOOSH and TWA have been responsible users of the area. I think a lot has to do with who you know.

Would be interesting to see a compilation of which groups bring in how much money to the park's coffers.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Craftsman

and the answer to that is very little, all fees etc. go to the DNR who then dole out money to the parks. and since the hunters get charged for getting permission to use their dogs for hunting and then buying a hunting liesnce plus tax on hunting supplies...
rex
Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Out to launch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Huddleston
Meh. We could complain that some of our members have a phobia of horses, puppies and soccer players... level the playing field a tad.

I'd guess their response to that would be "seek treatment".
Old 02-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Thumbing my nose at gravity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrog
I'd guess their response to that would be "seek treatment".

To which I would respond: "We did, and flying rockets is precisely what the shrink ordered we do for therapy!"
Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 AM
Out to launch...

All kidding aside, we just have to do our best to make due with the situation. We must continue to use the park very responsibly and stay on good terms with the park staff - remaining vigilant is a must! Everyone who flies there (and wants to continue to) needs to help promote our mission and help grow the organizations. There is security in numbers - the bigger we are, the less chance there is of getting nudged out entirely. Finding a political alie or two certainly would help, anyone know of anyone in the Wisconsin house or senate to back us up? In the meantime, we must roll with the change. The park likes us, it's the other users with the issues - we need to keep it that way.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Craftsman

Chad has a very good point.

1) By being the best possible guests and stewards of the park, the club increases its value to the park.

2) Strive to leave the flying field in better shape than when y'all got there.

3) Co-ordinate a "Make it, launch it, take it " with a park event.

4) Vendors and Out of Towners- Send a letter to the Parks Dept. thanking "them" for "hosting" the event, and complement them on how nice their launch facility is- I know, they didn't do the work, but they will be happy to take the credit.

5) Remember the 27 Samurai - Lick gall and sleep on firewood now, avenge later.

6) Be diplomatic ! - Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to "go to Hades" in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Evil Ed

The three men I admire most
are Curly, Larry, Moe!"

Meat Loaf
Old 02-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrog
All kidding aside, we just have to do our best to make due with the situation. We must continue to use the park very responsibly and stay on good terms with the park staff - remaining vigilant is a must! Everyone who flies there (and wants to continue to) needs to help promote our mission and help grow the organizations. There is security in numbers - the bigger we are, the less chance there is of getting nudged out entirely. Finding a political alie or two certainly would help, anyone know of anyone in the Wisconsin house or senate to back us up? In the meantime, we must roll with the change. The park likes us, it's the other users with the issues - we need to keep it that way.

I could've sworn the club got Sensenbrenner involved back when the ATF was trying to shutdown high power.

I suggested the club get a lawyer for these park meetings a number of years ago. It was always poo-poo'ed. Now look where you are.

Scott
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 02-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Out to launch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I could've sworn the club got Sensenbrenner involved back when the ATF was trying to shutdown high power.

I suggested the club get a lawyer for these park meetings a number of years ago. It was always poo-poo'ed. Now look where you are.

Scott

I don't know about Sensenbrenner, I wasn't back into the fold then. If he was an influence then, it wouldn't hurt to contact him now.

What benefit would a lawyer bring to the table in a matter like this? Are there laws being broken? I'm confused on that front.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout

Scott

Is anyone IN THE CLUB a lawyer?
My wife use to be one, and still knows all of the ins and outs of the legal system. She's much happier being a secretary/receptionist for her parent's business, but stays "active" by assisting a local Attorney as a "paralegal" from time to time.

Having a Lawyer in the club would be a sweet way to go.

The three men I admire most
are Curly, Larry, Moe!"

Meat Loaf
Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 PM
PE

The biggest thing I don't understand is Mark and a rep from TWA met with the DNR and came up with a 2013 schedule for the Class 1 area, and then a month or so later they say we can't use it?

Can't the dog training be done in any other area of the park instead of relocating the rocketry from its already established location?
NAR #92924 L3
WOOSH - NAR Section #558