Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Vintage Estes Rockets

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick update to let you all know a few things . . .

The development of the site is going well. On average, we're getting 5,000 views per week, with 750-1000 being unique visitors. Clearly, the collecting world likes what is being presented here. I continue to add to the K-Kit Registry, as well as the promotional link on the front page at least twice per week. The site now contains over 300 pages!

I've reached out to Vern as well as Bill Simon with positive results. Vern sent me some really swell pics that I'll be adding toward end of summer when I'm completed with phase II of the work. I sent Vern an Estes mug with the old logo, and he will receive it today. I'm sure he will be tickled when it arrives.

I've begun to liquidate all my skill level kits to focus on my K-Kit collection. I have about 300 K-Kits, and have narrowed my scope to reflect my goal of building the site to the #1 resource for vintage Estes K-Kit research. If you buy kits on Ebay, keep an eye out for kits I'll be listing in the very near future. Here's the first of many items I'll be listing:

Vintage K-Kit Rocket Plans/ Facecards

Once again, thank you for all the positive messages and feedback. I knew that collecting K-Kits was a popular activity, but I never realized how many people were hungry for this information. I will continue to devote my time and expertise to complete this work over the next few years. My goal at that time will be to publish the first hard copy identification guide for these beloved kits.

My best to all of you,

Eric

=======================================

Old 06-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Motor Collector

Thumbs up Add my kudos for a site well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejh64
Greetings!

Just wanted to take a moment to tell the YORF community of the completion of phase I of my Estes K-Kit research website, VintageEstesRockets.com

As a lifelong collector, I began contemplating putting this site together many, many years ago. Back in the early 90's I began to photograph my collection, but never took it past that point. My kits were photographed with a 1.3MP camera, which was state-of-the-art for the time. As you might suspect, I re-photographed my collection a couple of years ago with a better camera, and it was at that time I had the site's layout sketched in a notebook and began the work that is now online.

The site is comprised of items from my collection. Over the past few years I connected with Joe Warner (Mojo1986) and just recently, obtained a large amount of materials for the site. Joe's input has been very important to help with the completion of phase 1. Here's a brief overview of what the site contains, as well as what's forth coming:

PHASE 1 Completed:
  • K-Kit Registry
  • Digital scans and Photoshop cleaned face cards
  • Hang Tags
  • K-Kit Designers
  • Pre-Damon & early Damon Era Advertising
  • Some Catalogues

Phase II Underway:
  • MRN
  • Catalogues in Full
  • Parachutes
  • Acknowledgements
  • Links
  • Other related items

If you're an Estes collector, I'm certain that you will enjoy what is presented here. It's very enjoyable!

To keep up with updates and the progression of the site, visit the What's New page.

Finally, I'm interested in your feedback. If there is something that needs added or corrected, drop me an email thru the email link on the What's New page.

To the moon!

Kindly,

Eric Higgins

======================================
The work you have done to assemble the data then organize, upload and present it all in a rational fashion is admirable. You definitely have done your homework on the old Estes kits.

Thank you for sharing it all with us. Cheers !
Old 06-06-2013, 07:19 AM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Website

This came to my inbox, so I reply. I started this venture also in the late 80s, but via pen n paper! I knew nothing of what few computers there were then, so my intent was a Book. Health issues & life events prevented my completion of this labor of love. Thank God I met you, Eric--working with you is fun & im Glad and Thrilled at what you have done here. Thank you!,,, and I encourage ALL who read this to help Eric and CONTRIBUTE what you can to him, and the hobby. Danny Almond.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Vintage Estes Rockets

Default Many Updates Coming for Fall, 2013

Hi Gang,

Just a short update to say hi and hoping you're all enjoying a very hot summer .. . . being from the northeast, I love the few months of warm weather, and try to "stock up" as it were, heading into fall. . . .

I have a lot of great stuff for the site coming in a few weeks. When I complete the early fall update, I'm confident this resource will almost be complete . . and I mean very, very close!

So far for my summer I have managed to visit 3 serious collectors with very unique items. The kit identification has stood up, even when introduced to some of the best collectors, the sites documentation of each kit is right on the money.

Look for an update in the next 8 weeks or so. Its going to be epic, and then I think we're over the hump . . . still lots to go, but this resource gives everyone a complete listing of every K-Kit. Its all right here! Can you imagine such a thing has been put in place? Its such a H U G E scope of work. I wish Harry and Mike Dorffler could see it . . . none the less, if you're an Estes collector, this is what you've wanted and its just about complete!

Happy trails!

Eric
http://VintageEstesRockets.com

Old 07-25-2013, 02:20 AM
Rides the short bus to work.

Send a message via AIM to evo666 Send a message via MSN to evo666

Loving the website so far. Lots of interesting things to read and learn.
I wasn't fortune enough to be in that era when growing up.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Vintage Estes Rockets

Default End of Summer Update

Hi Everyone!

It was a glorious summer and I hope all of you had a good one as well!

Just a quick note to let you know that I've posted an update to the site. I worked on the site sparingly over the last few months, and it's added up to quite an update.

Visit the What's New link on my page for all the new goodies.

Thanks for all the kind words and emails. This thing is becoming a monster . . . over 300 pages and I have alot to add over the coming weeks.

Visit me at http://VintageEstesRockets.com

Eric

Old 09-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Excellent and informative site Eric! Keep up the great work!

Buzz
Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 AM
Vintage Estes Rockets

Default Site Update

Hello Estes Rocketeers!

I have made an update to my website, with input from Vern and Bill Simon. As usual, there are new additions/changes/corrections to the K-Kit registry, as well as more in-depth information on the K-1 Astron Scout and Estes timeline.

=> http://vintageestesrockets.com/whatsnew.htm <=

Im hoping to have the next section completed in the next 2 weeks, and I think you will love the material that will be posted.

As always, thanks for the support and kind comments/emails. This thing is turning into a monster! Although my time is very limited, will continue to add to this vast resource as time permits.

Have a great one guys!

Kindly,

Eric

Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Vintage Estes Rockets

Default Vintage Estes Rockets Website Update

Hi Everyone!

Another update to the site is now up, and in this update I've included the Estes Museum, with rare and scarce items from the Golden Age.

Additional updates to the K-Kit registry as well.

=> VintageEstesRockets.com/WhatsNew.htm

Have fun! Hope you enjoy it!

Eric

Old 05-02-2014, 07:09 PM
BAR

Thanks Eric, good stuff! Your site is great fun to read through.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org