Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2020, 07:49 AM
NAR # 19250 - Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB.
Give us facts.

I'm betting the under.
A dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets. But high above the quiet streets on the 12th floor of the Acme Building, one man is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions. Guy Noir, Private Eye.

Fox Valley Rocketeers: http://www.foxvalleyrocketeers.org
Old 04-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
So I was able to achieve a truly DOT/ATF/NAR/NFPA exempt propellant. You can buy a candle. You can buy a rocket motor.

The issue is the clubs are involved in arbitrary rulemaking and that exemption from them makes them nervous (irrationally, because we always need clubs). So my question is simple from the perspective of THIS audience. Are you even willing to buy exempt product or does it violate your religion?

There's always Home Depot and Wal-Mart.

Just Jerry

Nothing like a BS comment, Jerry. I'm aware of what you have accomplished, Jerry, but that was years and years ago. This is Now. I really dislike those kinds of statements when all you are doing is looking to do is tease. Money where mouth is. As for fixating on HPR and HPR+; No, does not work well here in So.NJ. You would do well with LPR and MPR motors, but that's not you, is it? You could do so much, motor wise, Jerry, but talk is cheap. Stop talking, it's getting irritating.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:16 AM
Lost his Drifter

Shakes head.... sad...
MTMA Section #606 President
Old 04-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

My money is against Bundick. Always has been. Better? No. Cheaper? Not at first at least, but potentially yes after 2-3 years. Fits same sizes? Yes. Show me? We are not there yet for this audience for the very reason I have heard both skeptical and accusing comments already.

I have a simple question that has not been answered. I have answered almost all questions posed of me.

Respond to the original post if you want to be helpful.

Snipe if you don't.

Just Jerry
Old 04-07-2020, 02:06 PM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
My money is against Bundick. Always has been. Better? No. Cheaper? Not at first at least, but potentially yes after 2-3 years. Fits same sizes? Yes. Show me? We are not there yet for this audience for the very reason I have heard both skeptical and accusing comments already.

I have a simple question that has not been answered. I have answered almost all questions posed of me.

Respond to the original post if you want to be helpful.

Snipe if you don't.

Just Jerry

I did, answer it.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:09 PM
Sometimes collector

Post the MSDS also.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:45 PM

I feel like I am not getting responses to my original conditional question. Lot's of questions about the conditions. So I hereby withdraw the question and adjust the marketing model. Thanks.

Two non-sensical comments did it for me. End users do not need or get an MSDS. A shipper or warehouse might, but almost never for an exempt product. A DOT exempt product does not have a DOT approval.

Just Jerry

Last edited by Jerry Irvine : 04-07-2020 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:20 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
So I was able to achieve a truly DOT/ATF/NAR/NFPA exempt propellant. You can buy a candle. You can buy a rocket motor.

The issue is the clubs are involved in arbitrary rulemaking and that exemption from them makes them nervous (irrationally, because we always need clubs). So my question is simple from the perspective of THIS audience. Are you even willing to buy exempt product or does it violate your religion?

There's always Home Depot and Wal-Mart.

Just Jerry

It seems what might be being said is that “Yes, we may be willing to buy exempt product” if, IF we knew just a little more about said ‘exempt product’. As it stands right now, I don’t think we have enough info about it to make an informed decision.

But I think you have us at least interested to learn more, IF you are willing to share more. If not, then yes, I guess we can’t go any further.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 04-07-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
It seems what might be being said is that “Yes, we may be willing to buy exempt product” if, IF we knew just a little more about said ‘exempt product’. As it stands right now, I don’t think we have enough info about it to make an informed decision.But I think you have us at least interested to learn more, IF you are willing to share more. If not, then yes, I guess we can’t go any further.Earl
That is what you are saying. Your collegues are not on the same page.

The word exempt has a literal meaning like flammable newspaper or hay or something.

Besides I am not seeking opinions on IF it is exempt. It is. I am seeking opinions on whether it is compatible with the 5000 person NAR market. It is not.

JJ
Old 04-07-2020, 09:04 PM
Lost his Drifter

Quote:
I feel like I am not getting responses to my original conditional question.

OK. Your original question was:

Quote:
So my question is simple from the perspective of THIS audience. Are you even willing to buy exempt product or does it violate your religion?

So you want to talk about nonsensical posts. Let me take a WAG as to what you are talking about. My religion does not prohibit me from buying motors that are exempt from hazmat fees. So the either this or that doesn't make much sense. OK?

Or are you referring to selling uncertified motors but are too, whatever, to just come right out and ask?
MTMA Section #606 President