Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > RockSim Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-08-2020, 10:54 AM
A Fish Named Wallyum's Avatar
A Fish Named Wallyum A Fish Named Wallyum is offline
BP Mafia
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Thomas, KY
Posts: 7,723
Default

We flew together a couple of times at the Rip Rap Road field in Dayton. Always flying something interesting, and on one occasion we were talking as we recovered our "gliders" and I put two and two together and realized that we both posted here. On that particular day Bruce was flying a Centuri Hummingbird, making multiple flights and trying to chase out the gremlins that often ride along with early flights of any glider. He was very focused on getting the thing to work, and I recognized that my own lack of focus was probably where the bulk of my personal gremlins came from when it came to gliders. Then I saw something shiny and lost the thought. A couple of years back Bruce had been doing some work on the Estes Geo Sat LV and I'd taken some pictures of details on my eBay rescue kit for him. Only now I realize that you were his test mule for the parts he made with his 3D printer.
I think I'll build a Hummingbird.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Bruce's Hummingbird ignites.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  381.4 KB  
__________________
Bill Eichelberger
NAR 79563

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Aardvark Skywriter

In paint: Centuri Stellar Hercules, Estes Indicator, Long Tom, Luna Bug, Nike Apache, Ricochet, Solar Warrior FRW Star Blazer XL Quest Intruder Red River Stratos, Semroc Cyber III, Excalibur, Lil' Ivan, S.P.E.V.

Ready to fly: Estes Nova Scout Ship Semroc Point
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-08-2020, 11:12 AM
BSNW BSNW is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
We flew together a couple of times at the Rip Rap Road field in Dayton. Always flying something interesting, and on one occasion we were talking as we recovered our "gliders" and I put two and two together and realized that we both posted here. On that particular day Bruce was flying a Centuri Hummingbird, making multiple flights and trying to chase out the gremlins that often ride along with early flights of any glider. He was very focused on getting the thing to work, and I recognized that my own lack of focus was probably where the bulk of my personal gremlins came from when it came to gliders. Then I saw something shiny and lost the thought. A couple of years back Bruce had been doing some work on the Estes Geo Sat LV and I'd taken some pictures of details on my eBay rescue kit for him. Only now I realize that you were his test mule for the parts he made with his 3D printer.
I think I'll build a Hummingbird.


I remember that day! We were there together. I also remember it was a HOT day. I remember our trip/drive down. If memory serves....we went to E-Rockets after the launch to get some goodies (he did). Yes he loved that hummingbird glider...it also frustrated him a bit.

He also made me a Geo-Sat "kit". It is one of my most precious rockets. I will try and post a photo of it. He was so happy that I made something that he made the parts for!

Good times.
Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-08-2020, 11:22 AM
BSNW BSNW is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 10
Default

Can some body tell me how to post a photo in this forum? I click on "add image" and it asks me about "text" and all I get is "(IMG)" thing....
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-08-2020, 12:34 PM
Gus's Avatar
Gus Gus is offline
7/21/61
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North of Detroit
Posts: 1,994
Default

You can make a memorial donation to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation here.

Once again, the information you need to have JDRF send a note to Bruce's family is:

The Levison Family
9601 Rockingham drive
Whitehouse, Ohio
43571
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-08-2020, 01:14 PM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 5,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSNW
Can some body tell me how to post a photo in this forum? I click on "add image" and it asks me about "text" and all I get is "(IMG)" thing....
Thanks

Andrew,

You can view this post for help:

https://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16067

I'll add that the each file you upload can't be larger than 2mb in size. If it is you'll need to resize the picture on your end first to decrease the file size. Again, a limitation of the old software I'm running.
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-08-2020, 01:49 PM
BSNW BSNW is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 10
Default

Hey all-

I posted some photos of my friend Bruce on The Rocketry Forums. I miss him so badly.

Here is the link:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...levison.158724/

Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-08-2020, 09:18 PM
Eagle3's Avatar
Eagle3 Eagle3 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Manchester,MI
Posts: 1,262
Default

Bruce will be missed. I recall chatting with him at several NARAMS. My condolences to his family.
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Ez2cDave's Avatar
Ez2cDave Ez2cDave is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

__________________
"Failure Is Not An Option . . . Adapt & Overcome ! "

NAR # 26128 L2
TRIPOLI # 517 L2 ( inactive, at present )
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-10-2020, 12:19 PM
BSNW BSNW is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 10
Default

THANK YOU for posting these photos Dave. I could not get it to work and I simply did not want to try and mess with it at the time. THANK YOU to everyone who replied. Stay safe ALL!

Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Ez2cDave's Avatar
Ez2cDave Ez2cDave is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSNW
THANK YOU for posting these photos Dave. I could not get it to work and I simply did not want to try and mess with it at the time. THANK YOU to everyone who replied. Stay safe ALL!

Andrew


Andrew,

You are very welcome, sir !

Dave F.
__________________
"Failure Is Not An Option . . . Adapt & Overcome ! "

NAR # 26128 L2
TRIPOLI # 517 L2 ( inactive, at present )
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2021