Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2020, 07:57 PM
NASA Ret.

Default Virtual NARAM Update – July 10, 2020

SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 07-15-2020, 09:15 AM
NASA Ret.

Default Virtual NARAM Update – July 15, 2020

Wow, what a start!

The launch window just opened and already we have entries in 6 of the events. So far a total of 27 individuals (3 A Div., 2 B Div., and 22 C Div.) plus 7 Teams have registered to participate. You can still join in, registration is open through the end of launch window on August 23. No cost to compete, cash prizes, what a deal!

Would you like to be notified when Virtual NARAM results are updated? There are web services that will automatically send you an email when a webpage changes. One such service is Visualping (https://visualping.io/). This service is free for up to two webpages. For Virtual NARAM, create a tracker for the “Contest Results” page (https://www.nar.org/site/virtual-naram/results/). You’ll receive an email each day that the contest results are updated.

Registration is open for the NAR Town Hall, Manufacturers Forum and the BoD meeting via Zoom videoconference. You gotta be a NAR member to watch. Check the details here: https://www.nar.org/upcoming-webinars/.
SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 07-15-2020, 09:28 AM
Apollo Nut

Don-

A big thank you to you and Chris for pulling all this together! Registered for two of the webinars. And if I had a decent flying field currently, I'd been more than happy to fly a few events. But, hoping there is very good participation by those who can!

Good luck to all!!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 07-15-2020, 01:24 PM
Dazed and Confused

I just registered for the Manufacturers Forum and Town Hall Meeting. I'd do the board meeting but I have to work. I couldn't handle a 7 hour meeting anyway.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:38 PM
NASA Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Don-

A big thank you to you and Chris for pulling all this together! Registered for two of the webinars. And if I had a decent flying field currently, I'd been more than happy to fly a few events. But, hoping there is very good participation by those who can!

Good luck to all!!

Earl

You are quite welcome. Flying is a catch as catch can problem. Some clubs are flying, some not yet. Some folks an find a place to fly solo or in a small group even if clubs can't do it. Others are facing restrictions due to fire risk(which is typical for them this time of year).

Enjoy the webinars.

Don
SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 07-19-2020, 04:40 PM
NASA Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
I suggest making the approved altimeters easier to find, I really had to dig to find them.

Thanks, we will put a link on the website, maybe in the FAQs.
SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 07-19-2020, 06:28 PM
The_Ripper

I also registered for the Manufacturers Forum and Town Hall Meeting when I saw the email from NAR. I'm looking forward to these two meetings.
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 07-22-2020, 09:02 AM
NASA Ret.

Default Virtual NARAM Update – July 22, 2020

Off and Running! Stats, NARAM Week, Club Points, Photos Needed, Scale Data Turn-in

With the launch window now open for almost 2 weeks, there are 44 entries (not including those who flew again to better their score) across the events. So far, a total of 32 individuals (5 A Div., 2 B Div., and 25 C Div.) plus 9 Teams (another 24 individuals) have registered to participate. You can still join in, registration is free, and you can register anytime through the end of launch window on August 23.

Next week would have been NARAM Week! There are a number of Virtual NARAM Week activities coming up, like:

• Board of Trustees meeting Saturday, 7/25
• Scale Data turn-in Sunday, July 26, just like it would have been for regular NARAM. Unlike the regular NARAM, we will accept data turn-in until August 9, for you dawdlers. See the Contest Rules for specifics.
• Manufacturers Forum Monday, 7/27
• NAR Town Hall Meeting Wednesday, 7/29

Don’t forget to register for the meetings and forums. They will be held via Zoom videoconference. You gotta be a NAR member to register. Details here: https://www.nar.org/upcoming-webinars/.

Is your club the competitive type? We’ve added a Section Participation category to rack up how each club is doing in the Virtual NARAM. No money, no trophy, no Championship, just bragging rights. After all, that’s what this is all about, right? I mean, to encourage more participation in the Virtual NARAM. You can find the rack up on the Contest Results page (https://www.nar.org/site/virtual-naram/results/)

We have a problem you can help with. We are putting together an article for Sport Rocketry magazine. Unfortunately, our cub reporters/photographers can’t be at all your launches. We need photos for the article. You can post them at the NAR Facebook album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...50785887&type=3) or send them to Don at fulldec2001@yahoo.com. I heard that the editor likes pictures with people (and rockets) in them instead of just rockets launching (me too). Send uncropped pics to me. Tom will crop to suit him. Specific guidelines can always be found on page 4 of your Sport Rocketry mag.
SAM#513
NAR #11069
Old 07-27-2020, 08:14 PM
Dazed and Confused

In case you've forgotten, the Manufacturer's Forum is in progress right now at Virtual NARAM. My first NARAM!
Old 07-27-2020, 08:39 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
In case you've forgotten, the Manufacturer's Forum is in progress right now at Virtual NARAM. My first NARAM!

Couple or four interesting tidbits out of the Manufacturer’s Forum webinar popped up on TRF from forum members CWBullet and Afadeev - MDRM is returning! Along with the much rumored and discussed Saturn 1b and Falcon Heavy. 29mm motors will be back on the shelves soon along with, finally!!, improved initiators/starters!!