Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > 3D Printing Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2020, 04:15 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
The part number for the later, fin can (clunky, trailing edge not swept) in the Estes Generic is 072614. I don’t think it ever had another designation. I am kind of surprised you want to do it since the Estes Generic kit, which includes all the specialized parts needed to fit the engine mount, is available at hobby lobby for $7.49 and at AC Supply for less. Are you doing it for posterity, or is it just fun to model these?

I had a request from another rocketeer for it, but it's also for posterity. Yes, it does look cheap, but I'm going to polish up the design with a diamond-ish profile similar to the PRP-1G. It'll actually be worth downloading, printing and using on scratch-builds of past kits that used it.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
The part number for the later, fin can (clunky, trailing edge not swept) in the Estes Generic is 072614. I don’t think it ever had another designation. I am kind of surprised you want to do it since the Estes Generic kit, which includes all the specialized parts needed to fit the engine mount, is available at hobby lobby for $7.49 and at AC Supply for less. Are you doing it for posterity, or is it just fun to model these?

Does anyone happen to have pics of this fin can from the side and the bottom?