Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2022, 07:45 PM
Old Submariner

I got mine today, too! Bummer—there’s NOTHING new for scale models.

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 01-22-2022, 08:09 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
I got mine today, too! Bummer—there’s NOTHING new for scale models.

The “profile” scale New Shepard builder’s kit - not very exciting but it is new.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:17 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
The “profile” scale New Shepard builder’s kit - not very exciting but it is new.

Wildly unimpressed. The flights are even less to be excited about. Hard pass.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 01-22-2022, 10:36 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Wildly unimpressed. The flights are even less to be excited about. Hard pass.

The builder’s kit New Shepard is, at best, raw material for bashing into a model of the New Glenn.
Old 01-23-2022, 08:31 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazarus6660
I got two today!
Anybody want the discount coupons they sent me, PM me with your snail mail addy and I'll send them to you.
I have too many projects so I won't be using them.
Please, one to a person.

I got the catalog and they sent me an email saying I have a 20% discount coupon, but there was no code in the email. I missed something somewhere.
Old 01-23-2022, 11:58 AM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

I just received my catalog. There must be some pricing errors, or the person responsible for pricing was on drugs. The little Generic E2X is $23.99! It’s a BT-50 kit with plastic nose cone and fin unit! Directly above it is the Athena, same BT-50 tube size, taller, and a longer nose cone, plus an Alpha-like plastic fin unit, and it is $14.99 — $9.00 cheaper!

Much bigger kits like the Der Red Max are cheaper than a Generic E2X. Heck, for the same $23.99, you can get a BT-65 Green Eggs with payload section. And my favorite comparison — the Baby Bertha is $14.00 cheaper than the Big Bertha. That’s a lot of money for a slightly longer body tube, and barely larger set of fins.

There are plenty more in consistencies, but I’ll end my rant. I can appreciate the prices will go up, but many make absolutely no sense.

Finally, I will give Estes lots of credit for releasing a beautiful catalog. I love the cover!

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 01-23-2022, 01:12 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
I just received my catalog. There must be some pricing errors, or the person responsible for pricing was on drugs. The little Generic E2X is $23.99! It’s a BT-50 kit with plastic nose cone and fin unit! Directly above it is the Athena, same BT-50 tube size, taller, and a longer nose cone, plus an Alpha-like plastic fin unit, and it is $14.99 — $9.00 cheaper!

Much bigger kits like the Der Red Max are cheaper than a Generic E2X. Heck, for the same $23.99, you can get a BT-65 Green Eggs with payload section. And my favorite comparison — the Baby Bertha is $14.00 cheaper than the Big Bertha. That’s a lot of money for a slightly longer body tube, and barely larger set of fins.

There are plenty more in consistencies, but I’ll end my rant. I can appreciate the prices will go up, but many make absolutely no sense.

Finally, I will give Estes lots of credit for releasing a beautiful catalog. I love the cover!

Buying directly from Big E is like greasing up and bending over.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 01-23-2022, 02:01 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR

The price on the Generic is most likely a misprint - the bulk pack of 12 is priced at $129.99 which is $10.83 a piece. I’m guessing it’s supposed to be $13.99 which is still a $1 increase but not the $11 it looks like 😆