Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2005, 01:32 PM
BAR

Default Estes Super Neon

I have this kit and I notice that this kit IS NOT on either JimZ or listed as scanned here. But I do not have the means of scanning the plans to submit to forum. Can I get some help with this before I decide to build it . Would be willing to send plans or anything that would be needed . Just drop me a email or post here. Thanks

BAR
JOHn

Last edited by johnnwwa : 09-27-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:29 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwwa
I have this kit and I notice that this kit IS NOT on either JimZ or listed as scanned here. But I do not have the means of scanning the plans to submit to forum. Can I get some help with this before I decide to build it . Would be willing to send plans or anything that would be need . Just drop me a email or post here. Thanks

BAR
JOHn

Howdy John. What do you need to know?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 09-27-2005, 03:58 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Howdy John. What do you need to know?

What I need is somone with a scanner, or program to turn plans into PDF file and the time to do the leg work to get this kit posted. Would be willing to measure body tubes , copy decals , or anthing else . Just let me know.

BAR
JOHN
Old 09-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Old School Rocketeer

John,

if you can, just trace the fins on a piece of paper. Then use a drawing software to re-create the kit. Here's an example I did up in PowerPoint.

Later,
EV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  AstroBee Full Layout Sheet.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  190.4 KB  
Old 09-27-2005, 04:52 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
I have this kit and I notice that this kit IS NOT on either JimZ or listed as scanned here...

John,

Would you happen to know what year that model was available? Or what the stock number is? I'm looking through the Expanded Kit List from Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe, and I cannot locate this name as a kit. Was this a true "kit", like the classic bagged designs, or was this a RTF rocket with launch pad and controller?

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 09-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

First of, were do you live State and city, maybe someone with a scanner lives close to you. If not do you have a copy store like Kinko’s near you? Make a print of every thing in black and white, Plans, Fin Patterns, any other materials and the Decals in color then send by mail the information to Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe. Just email Scott to see were he wants it mailed to.

This is an actual Estes kit if memory serves me it was a 2-stage rocket but I will not swear to it. The Super Neon kit #2050 came out in 1991.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:30 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
What I need is somone with a scanner, or program to turn plans into PDF file and the time to do the leg work to get this kit posted. Would be willing to measure body tubes , copy decals , or anthing else . Just let me know.

BAR
JOHN

I can do the scanning, and I'm sure there's someone on here who can vouch for my "character". I can promise you that you'll get them back once I finish.
Show of hands, guys. Who'd trust ol' Bill with their lives? Don't all post at once.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 09-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

I was wrong it was the Super Nova that was a 2-stage rocket that came out in 1989 - 1994 not the Super Neon that came out in 91, put the super Neon with tube fin desine is cool.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:45 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
John,

Would you happen to know what year that model was available? Or what the stock number is? I'm looking through the Expanded Kit List from Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe, and I cannot locate this name as a kit. Was this a true "kit", like the classic bagged designs, or was this a RTF rocket with launch pad and controller?

Estes Super Neon #2050 This is a true kit picked it on ebay about 8 months ago.

BAR
John
Old 09-28-2005, 12:08 AM
BP Mafia

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rock...91/91est34.html

Cool, but not exactly neon. I'm thinking Day-Glo paints when the time comes......

I miss being SAM 0058