Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Semroc > SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
And, speaking of edgy, a good percentage of the folks I know in this hobby are wound pretty tight. I think a high level of intensity is pretty common amongst engineering types, which rocketeers tend to be by nature if not by profession, so I can tolerate a bit of temper. Lord knows mine's sinfully bad.

Doug

As I am one of those of whom you speak - AMEN!
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
Plus, if it really was Irvine who set him off...well, I've been saving a can o' whoop @$$ for him since he popped off in 2002. The only thing that saved him then was Pat Gordzelik un-inviting him from LDRS. Folks all around Texas were lining up to waylay his sorry self. The last thing we need here is Irvine running off the new members, no matter what their temperaments.

No regard for Jerry at all. He'll brighten this place by leaving someday, either by invite or by his own accord.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 04-21-2009, 06:48 PM
The_Ripper

Not to change the subject too much but concerning vendor participation in the forum here anyone notice Gary R. coming here to ask us what we think about the RMS-18/20 and possible new loads for it?

Shows AeroTech really cares what we think. I've never seen him chat it up that much on Rocketry Planet or TRF as far as I can remember .....

He's even testing possible suggestions and reporting back results!

I love it. It says to me that some vendors really do care what we think. I don't mention Carl or Semroc because well we all already know he'll make us parts & kits if we ask for them

We are blessed with good manufacturers here that care about us as a group .....

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Not to change the subject too much but concerning vendor participation in the forum here anyone notice Gary R. coming here to ask us what we think about the RMS-18/20 and possible new loads for it?
Gary is one of the best. He has gone out of his way to help me and Semroc over the years.

Through the loss of Aerotech with the fire, the BATF, the loss of hs wife, a new bride, and February birth of his daughter, he has seen some ups and downs. Throughout all of it, he has had the same smile whenever I have seen him.

He genuinely cares about the hobby and the rocketeers (and the success of the smaller companies like us.) He is a firm believer in growing the pie, rather than trying to just get a bigger slice for himself.

When you look at his body of work, it is mind-boggling! But, he is always looking for the next breakthrough to make rocketry at all levels more fun. Definitely, one of the people I have met that I want to be more like.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Shows AeroTech really cares what we think. I've never seen him chat it up that much on Rocketry Planet or TRF as far as I can remember .....

We are blessed with good manufacturers here that care about us as a group .....

He's done the same on TRF. Can't say about RP since I'm not there that much.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
No regard for Jerry at all. He'll brighten this place by leaving someday, either by invite or by his own accord.

He's working on it.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:23 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
He's done the same on TRF. Can't say about RP since I'm not there that much.

TRF banned Jerry first go around. I don't think Jerry even bothered to register now that they reopened TRF although I doubt they would have let him back in even with the new mgt. in place now.

RP did ban him. He butted heads and threatened Darrel and Darrel shut him down. He did eventually let him back in though .....

Getting back to Mike I'm with Sean and some of the others similar opinions. I may speak hastily when I feel threatened but Mike probably does just need a chance to get used to us here. He jumped in with both feet and probably doesn't realize what's behind all us guys here and who's being genuine, ect. when we bombard him with stuff.

I'm going to cut him some much needed slack as I would hope others would do the same for me and have done the same for me when I was the new guy at YORF .....

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
Old 04-22-2009, 09:30 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Getting back to Mike I'm with Sean and some of the others similar opinions. I may speak hastily when I feel threatened but Mike probably does just need a chance to get used to us here. He jumped in with both feet and probably doesn't realize what's behind all us guys here and who's being genuine, ect. when we bombard him with stuff.

I'm going to cut him some much needed slack as I would hope others would do the same for me and have done the same for me when I was the new guy at YORF .....

I have no problem with Mike, but didn't understand where his anger was coming from on his post. I went back to check and see that I didn't post anything that could have been mistakenly read as critical when it was meant as a joke, but I've apparently behaved myself. I enjoy reading his posts and I hope he keeps at it.
I also hope his scale surprise is a big Little Joe or Pershing.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 04-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:

Either or both would be ok by me.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:57 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:

I've been wanting a big Little Joe for years. The Centuri kit I had as a kid I was just way too young to really do it justice and my building skills were just not up to the task. I hope I'll get another chance at a build like that again so I can take my time and do it right!

SAM# 0052