Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Old Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd
It is Noris Rocketry, a German rocket company. Here is a link using Googles translator.

http://translate.google.com/transla...7%26prmd%3Divns

Sorry never used tiny url

Here is the direct link

http://www.noris-raketen.de/shop/ca...param=cid%3D%26

I see that Apogee has 3 Noris kits--but the V-1 isn't one of them.

I'll keep looking.

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 07-31-2011, 03:30 AM
Trust me, it'll work!

I remember (from many years ago) someone in an R/C magazine had built a pulse jet version.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:48 AM
Old Submariner

I had the pleasure of seeing a real and intact captured V-1 at the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson, KS. It's complete, except the Amatol H.E. had been removed of course. It was very interesting to see a single spark plug on top of the pulse-jet motor. Quite simplistic actually: ramp aimed, pulse jet powered (instead of a rocket), prop.-powered mechanical odometer signalled the motor to stop pushing and let the craft descend and go boom. I don't remember the figures, but a V-1 was a fraction of the cost of a V2/A4.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Not so Junior

Here's the V-1 kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  v-1.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  422.4 KB  
Old 07-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Old Submariner

Is this YOUR kit?

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 07-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Craftsman

I am one of the few crazies who have built and flown the Ariane and the Vostok many times. The Ariane is great on a C6-3 and really rips on a D 21. The Vostok is fine on a D12-3. I bought my kits from Apogee so they had been upgraded with Apogee tubes. The quality of the vacuform is very good. The instructions on the Ariane are laughable. Apogee tried to upgrade the instructions on the Vostok but they still have some gotchyas! You have to figure out you own way to attach the boosters and some strakes ala Dr.Zooch have worked great for me. There may be some parts you don't use with funny names . . . but don't be alarmed. The Fallschirmhaltenrung not used in the Ariane came in very handy on the Vostok. Beware of the supplied fire proof pollow bunting you are to use as recovery wadding - NOT BIODEGRADEABLE - LABLED AS DISGUSTING WHEN SHOWN TO ECO FRIENDLY MEMBERS OF THE CLUB. The scale guys hate these things and the decals are nothing to write home about. Expensive they are as the Eruo is geting dearer. The clear plastic for the interstage on the Vostok is interesting and strong, but I ended up using stripng tape inteasd of the supplied decal. I also did the ping pong ball Vostok capsule modification and I am thinking of adding of some paperclip antennas for a real high end look.

As the Duke would say "These kits ain't fer children." One guy on this forum wouldn't wish these kits on his worst enemy. These kits are not for the run of the mill Yankee rocketeer. If you think you've got what it takes to join the Master Race then order up one from Germany or Apogee and have at it. On the Vostok get ready for skill Level Six, noseweight, long construction times, paitence filling vacuform seams and a fin repair after every flight. On the Ariane peel & stick decal you get one shot baby - and it better be straight! I have heard on the V1 it is just a matter of noseweight and prayer. The Soyuz is in my build que for this winter and I have been thinking of ordering the others direct.

So, if you are crazy and can put up with all this then you, my friend, could be one of the few, the proud, Das Modell, Noris Raketten fliers in the US. Flew my Vostok at NARAM 52. I waited for the LCO and RSO to be the guys who had seen the succesful 2nd flight at the COSROC's lauch a few weeks before. Lots of comments in line as no one had ever seen one before. As always she flew nice and straight and ejected at apogee. The heavy little bird needs all that plastic chute and she landed right by the EMT Van. Cracked a fin but at least the EMTs were glad it did not injure anyone. The High Power guys up at NCR really liked the Ariane on the D21.

As the box says: INTERESSANT! IMMER WIEDER VERWENDBAR! LEHRREICH! RAKETENFLIEGEN GANZJAHRIG ERLAUBT! SICHER! Thanks Thorwald Petersen of Nurnberg!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Not so Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
Is this YOUR kit?

Yeap, pulled it out of the box of kits just to take the photo because of this thread. Figured you didn't want to see my couch too.

I also have and have flown the Noris A-9 kit.

kj
Old 07-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Craftsman

Love to see a build thread or feed back on flying other Noris kits.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Master Modeler

The Apogee imports of Noris kits are certainly an improvement over the native purchases. I have built the Wasserfall, Natter, and the Ariane, with the latter being the import. Certainly the tubes are improved, the rings still leave a little to be desired in that they can be a little thin. The vacuum formed parts can look a little kludgey since they are usually slipped over the tube as opposed to into.

Once assembled the models are relatively rigid but the advantage here goes to the Apogee import simply due to the replacement tubes. Marking the models - especially the Ariane, is a bear. As others have observed the use self adhesive decals means a nice warm water bath and a faint pecil line along the long axis of the tubes to get them right. Also the width of the markings needs to be checked against the diameter and all but the minimum overlap removed. There are so many circumferential markings that is you have stretched the marking during application you will never have all of them line up. That is why you need to apply them wet and be very light fingered until you are sure of the position.
"The complexity of living is eminently favored to the simplicity of not."
Old 08-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Craftsman

Warm water decal bath - why didn't I think of that, guess I still have a few hundred years to go to make Master Tinkerer. Fortunately, I did get the Ariane decals on mostly straight, well good enough for the LCO at NCR to call the rocket a "nice little scale job." But how do the Natter, A-9, Wasserfall or V-1 fly? If I can get the Hostile Projectiles V-23 to fly with out poking my eye out am I ready to move up to the bad boy Noris kits? Should I get my wife's friend from Germany over and place an order directly? Will I go broke ordering and shipping these kits direct from the Fatherland?